Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Laptop for €1000

Options
  • 05-11-2007 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking at getting a laptop soon and havent a clue which to get. I just use it at home..dont need it for any work. Just browsing the net and uploading pics and stuff.

I currently have a dell desktop which I paid 600 for a couple of years ago. Its a bit old now and slower plus I would like a laptop so I could use my wireless connection around the house. I was thinking of getting a dell laptop since I never had any trouble with this?

Has anyone any ideas for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Yep. Just got a Dell laptop the other day.

Actually, I got 2 for €950 :)

Go for the Vostro (under small business)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This vostro is really good and will more than suit your needs. It's a 14" so it should be fairly small and light. It's €730 excluding delivery and vat so it will be well within budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Agree with Almighty, I have a Vostro 1400 and would definitely vouch for it. Lovely system

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

Can anybody just buy this Vostro Laptop ? or does it need to buy it under a company ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

maco wrote: »
    Can anybody just buy this Vostro Laptop ? or does it need to buy it under a company ?

Yes it can be bought by anyone. You do not need to buy it under a company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

Thanks . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

a M1710 On adverts, T7400 and a 7950gtx go.

for 1000notes.

that is the answer to your question sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

karmabass wrote: »
    Agree with Almighty, I have a Vostro 1400 and would definitely vouch for it. Lovely system

Just to ask specifically about that model. Ive seen some 14" dell models which are basically in the same shell as the 15.4 models just with a smaller screen. Basically more plastic around the edges than normal.

Is the vostro 1400 a proper 14" or is it as Ive described above.

skywalker wrote: »
    Just to ask specifically about that model. Ive seen some 14" dell models which are basically in the same shell as the 15.4 models just with a smaller screen. Basically more plastic around the edges than normal.

Is the vostro 1400 a proper 14" or is it as Ive described above.

I haven't seen one in real life but I presume it is actually 14", no extra plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cfriel2002

Got a flyer from guys called Affinity the other day,

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li1718
    Intel Dual core T2130
    2 Gig RAM
    160 Gig HD
    15.4" WXGA with brilliantview
    256Meg video hypermemory
    Vista OS
    DVD multiformat writer
    Wifi / LAN & modem
    12 months collect & return warranty