Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant install windows on Newly built PC

Options
  • 05-11-2007 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭

The trilla, the kind man that he is has lended me his account to post this.

Hi All,
    Recently got components there to build a new PC. the problem is when I insert the XP dics and it begins the fresh install the computer restarts before it has loaded up the install files. Also tried it with Vista and when the install files are uploading it freezes and doesnt go any further. I checked the dics on other PC's and this isn't an issue. Is there any part of my hardware that could be faulty? I have ruled out the harddics and power supplies been at fault. Thanks for the help:)

By the way :
    Its Athlon 6000
    2gb Ram
    500gb Hd
    325 8800GTS graphics
    Asus SLI motherboards

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Trilla wrote: »
    The trilla, the kind man that he is has lended me his account to post this.

Hi All,
    Recently got components there to build a new PC. the problem is when I insert the XP dics and it begins the fresh install the computer restarts before it has loaded up the install files. Also tried it with Vista and when the install files are uploading it freezes and doesnt go any further. I checked the dics on other PC's and this isn't an issue. Is there any part of my hardware that could be faulty? I have ruled out the harddics and power supplies been at fault. Thanks for the help:)

By the way :
    Its Athlon 6000
    2gb Ram
    500gb Hd
    325 8800GTS graphics
    Asus SLI motherboards

Keep a watch on the heat on the CPU to see how high it's getting once it starts to be under load.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The CPU doesnt get hot enough for a restart. I checked the temperature and it stays around 50C. To be sure about heat been an issue I took sides off case also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Make sure you take ,anti static precautions, look at bios boot options,put in 1 memory stick in slot o, try loading winxp on an old ide drive ,even 20gig,set boot options drive o auto ,drive 1 auto.set ide hd as master.if theres any problem with hd,it can cause pc to crash.you may have 1 bad memory stick.
    So try installing winxp on a standard ide hd,with 1 stick ,in slot 0.USE ide hd cable in the first ide connect ,hd o,is primary master drive.Maybe you r using sata drive and theres an issue with the sata drivers.if you have no static strap, ground yourself, touch a metal water tap,that should get rid of static from your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Steo46

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. I took the heatsink off the cpu and discovered a small piece of blue plastic on the bottom of said heatsink. i removed the plastic and everything worked fine. Hope this helps mate.

Advertisement