Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60% of Britons would rather die than exercise :o

Options
  • 05-11-2007 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Was randomly reading up on the news (and yes, it's good to read up on what's going on in the world)
    Six out of 10 Britons would not be motivated to do more exercise even if their lives depended on it, a poll has found. This is despite one person dying every 15 minutes as a result of physical inactivity, according to British Heart Foundation figures.

Linky

And people wonder why the level of obesity is rising in this country (and most western ones).

Does this not worry anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ThatGuy wrote: »
    Does this not worry anyone else?

Nope. And I don't care.

If you're too lazy to do a bit of excersize, then there's no freakin' hope for you at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Ditto. Couldn't care less. It's non news really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The actual question that they asked will have been worded some what differently in order to get that response of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

robinph wrote: »
    The actual question that they asked will have been worded some what differently in order to get that response of course.

Yeah, true enough, which is why these kind of statistics aren't really news at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Well obviously I'm not taking every article at face value - but if it helps in highlighting an issue (obesity, lazy unhealthy population) then I've nothing against it.

I didn't start the thread just to link the 'news' - was more of an example to start a discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

60%? Pffft, amateurs. 100% of BGRH members would rather die than exercise. In fact it's probably written into the charter but I'm too lazy to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

robinph wrote: »

Yeah, I remember another survey where it said a higher % of heterosexual UK men would rather ride david beckham than posh spice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Ironically this should help to thin their ranks out a bit...

Advertisement