Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD screen gone dark

Options
  • 04-11-2007 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

My lcd screen has just gone dark, barely can see images in the background. Its a sony just over a year old, gets extensive use. Machine seems to be working fine apart from screen. From a little research online sounds like backlight or invertor need replacing. Any ideas what it may be and rough cost of fixing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 johnsheehy

Just check the function (Fn) buttons. Friends laptop had same prob and it was just a button like (Fn + F5/F6/F7).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

thanks john but it def not as simple as that, Id say there is def something gone. Can anyone give me any information.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

First:
    Do you have a PC monitor or TV that you can connect to it? Is it dark on that display too?
    Is it dark when you switch the laptop on? (i.e. The 'BIOS screen)
    ^ Establish whether it is a hardware problem and rule out video card...

If it's the backlight or invertor - keep researching and you'll find the cost + service manual - if you find both, it's cheap and easy enough (You haven't told us what make/model...)

Advertisement