Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family History Brennan Raphoe Help needed.

Options
  • 04-11-2007 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Looking for info of my mysterious great grandfather Thomas Brennan and my late father Alan Francis Brennan..
    Know Thomas Brennan was living Willaim Street Raphoe 1929 then aged approx late 40 or 50 yrs.
    Before residing in Raphoe, Thomas was a concert promoter and travelling variety act. He also arranged film shows.
    I recently visited Raphoe St Eunan's grave yard but didn't find anything for Thomas's burial but did find record dated 1934 of my father's 1st Communion or Confirmation, he would have then been aged approx 9 yrs.
    My father was also living in William Street Raphoe.
    Until this find I had no idea where my father had lived in Ireland.
    He did not grow up with his mother's family, she went to America soon after his birth.
    Had no info re my father until he met and married my mother in England 1947.
    Now thinking my father grew up with his grandfather in William St.
    Would really like to know who else lived in the house and when, where, how Thomas Brennan died and where he is buried and if he had a partner/family/decendants.
    There is also a McElhinney connection somewhere but I have no idea how it connects.
    Can anyone help please? Regards Jackie. Mail me jackie005@btclick.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The problem you may find here is that there is nobody from Raphoe posting in the forum (Im open to corrections). I do know a couple of Brennan families from that area but not enough to know their background.

Hang in there - you never know what may turn up.

I assumed you have googled this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Try writing to Paddy Harte,Raphoe. Co Donegal. He is a retired politician with deep interest in local families, my Mother was also Rose McElhinney from Knockagarron House, Convoy, (Just outside Raphoe) a house locally known as the Castle although to me it is a georgian style mansion where my cousin 'Sean McElhinney' still lives with his family?.. Maybe you you could also drop him a note, or they are in the phone books.

#Good luck to you .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement