Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can I talk her out of this?

Options
  • 04-11-2007 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

Or do I need to?

As some of you would know I'm far from an i-pod fan and have hated every white yoke they have ever put their grubby little i-tunes hands on...

but in sayin that my wife insisted on an i-pod a few years back and she got a nano (because she is a sheep :p) and it has performed very well for her..

She has now put in a request for her christmas pressie and wants an i-pod touch...

question is.... what are they like now?

I've kind of been out of the scene since getting my zen vision as it does everything i need so I havn't been looking at the market at all..

any advice appreciated..

Mac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Your name's Mac and you hate ipods?
    Look don't get the ipod touch. Get the ipod classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and it has performed very well for her..

think you've answered your own question here.

the audio player you are getting is NOT for you, it's for your wife. that being said though i'd go shopping with the wife and make her try out the ipod touch to see if she really likes it. the touch interface is not for everyone as some people i know - and to a certain extent myself - like to have buttons on a audio player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

i've had mine for about a month now and i love it, the interface is great as are the applications. i'm sure she would love it if only for the style factor! But i can honestly sat it's my favourite piece of equipment i've ever bought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Cremo wrote: »
    think you've answered your own question here.

the audio player you are getting is NOT for you, it's for your wife. that being said though i'd go shopping with the wife and make her try out the ipod touch to see if she really likes it. the touch interface is not for everyone as some people i know - and to a certain extent myself - like to have buttons on a audio player.

Yes defo a big downside of it.When the ipod touch is in your pocket you have no way of turning down the volume, changing track or pausing the song. You have to take it out of your pocket, unlock the screen to do so which kind of gets annoying after a while although i'm sure ipod touch owners don't mind having an excuse to show it off:D
    I have an iphone but it at least has volume controls on the side and the headphones have an in-built button that pauses the track when you "pinch" it. Another thing i don't like about the big touch screen is that you have to wipe it clean a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Why would you talk her out of it? Just go to town some day, get her to play with it, if she likes it, buy it; if not, don't...

As said before, it'll be for her, not you... The only reason i'd try to talk her out of it is the price...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

Macspower wrote: »
    Or do I need to?

As some of you would know I'm far from an i-pod fan and have hated every white yoke they have ever put their grubby little i-tunes hands on...

but in sayin that my wife insisted on an i-pod a few years back and she got a nano (because she is a sheep :p) and it has performed very well for her..

She has now put in a request for her christmas pressie and wants an i-pod touch...

question is.... what are they like now?

I've kind of been out of the scene since getting my zen vision as it does everything i need so I havn't been looking at the market at all..

any advice appreciated..

Mac

Funnily enough my mate was very much the same as you, his missus demanded an iPod, and in turn bought him one. He hated them and was a devout Archos user. Now he wouldnt even consider another player.

Anyway I have been a huge iPod and by extension Mac fan since I got my first iPod (2G). That was hands down the best purchase Ive made in terms of use, enjoyment value for money etc... until now.

The iPod touch is IMHO the best iPod bar none. My biggest concern getting it was the 16GB storage, as my iTunes library has roughly 200GB music and 250GB video. Using some playlists/smart playlists/Applescripts and The Filter though I honestly havent come across a single situation where Ive needed more than the 16GB.

Also the YouTube player is a godsend, its an awesome addition, as is the Safari browser.

Im a tad biased towards Apple products its true but I also love all things gadget and will give anything a go. That said the Touch is the most exciting gadget Ive owned since my original iPod...

Also as everyone else says, its her who wants it so stop being a selfish iPod Hater and give her what she wants... I just hope she gets you one too :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Im a tad biased towards Apple products its true

Ya Think ;)

I know, not a very constructive post :D

The ipod touch is the first ipod I really really really liked (previously owned that god awful 3g ipod and 5g ipod also am a devout mac user)

But yeah, while pricey, the ipod touch is a very well executed product.

Advertisement