Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The time user-upper

Options
  • 03-11-2007 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I've two 2 thousand word assignments due for Monday, so i've aboot 36 hours excluding sleeping and eating time to get them done. However i'm really not in the mood to do them (and also attempting to see if the How High theory could work).
    Instead, i'm here. So here's some questions to use up some of your time.

QUESTION 1: Do you employ some sort of bus etiquette? I'm thinking of bus eireann type buses here as opposed to inner city services.
    Example: There's no free seats left on the bus, so you're forced to sit next to someone. Unless it's a she/he who's attractive, in which case it wouldn't be forced. Continuing on, as the bus lets people off at stops, do you:

A) Move to some free seats you can immediately see?
    B) Actively look around for free seats and move to them?
    C) Stay put?
    D) Anxiously wait for the next corner so you can innocently body check the attractive female/male sitting next to you?

Normally when i'm the first in the seats, and someone else sits next to me (again once it's not an attractive female) it does kinda irk me when people don't move to obvious free seats. I'm normally one to move to free seats if i see them, but i do always feel kind of bad leaving the person thinking "Aw, they probably think i hate them" or some such.
    Unless it's an attractive female, in which case sometimes moving to a free seat opposite can have major advantages (proper eye contact possible without being all up in yo' face, visual body check's etc.).

QUESTION 2: Is there any happy medium you've discovered of working and not working? Ie. do work while have it still feeling as if you're not doing work? Time travel may prove useful here, please provide any time machine blueprints.

QUESTION 3: Provide a bit of random general information you found out in the past 5 days. If you want.
    Eg. I found out (not the hard way, cheers for thinking) that you and the bus driver (and a few others) aren't covered by insurance if the bus lets you off somewhere that isn't an official stop. Yeah.

So answer these questions three and you'll get, i dunno...a dose of mental euphoria mixed with a tingling sensation in the left ass cheek. It's quite a good combination.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

1. I move to a free seat but only because i'm tall and my legs would be messed up if i cant sit sideways (damn bus eireann for midgits!).

2. Get a job that doesnt have you stuck in an office,travel to and from places = rock out to pumpkins in the car

3. Ryanair apparently require you to print out your boarding pass in colour,how odd considering its the barcode on the pass that is needed.

I predict your grades will be 52% in the first essay and 47% in the second,i'll see you at the exam time wasting thread so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Steez wrote: »
    I've two 2 thousand word assignments due for Monday, so i've aboot 36 hours excluding sleeping and eating time to get them done. However i'm really not in the mood to do them (and also attempting to see if the How High theory could work).

QUESTION 1: Do you employ some sort of bus etiquette? I'm thinking of bus eireann type buses here as opposed to inner city services.
    Example: There's no free seats left on the bus, so you're forced to sit next to someone. Unless it's a she/he who's attractive, in which case it wouldn't be forced. Continuing on, as the bus lets people off at stops, do you:

C) Stay put?
    D) Anxiously wait for the next corner so you can innocently body check the attractive female/male sitting next to you?

Normally when i'm the first in the seats, and someone else sits next to me (again once it's not an attractive female) it does kinda irk me when people don't move to obvious free seats. I'm normally one to move to free seats if i see them, but i do always feel kind of bad leaving the person thinking "Aw, they probably think i hate them" or some such.
    Unless it's an attractive female, in which case sometimes moving to a free seat opposite can have major advantages (proper eye contact possible without being all up in yo' face, visual body check's etc.).

QUESTION 2: Is there any happy medium you've discovered of working and not working? Ie. do work while have it still feeling as if you're not doing work? Time travel may prove useful here, please provide any time machine blueprints.

QUESTION 3: Provide a bit of random general information you found out in the past 5 days. If you want.
    Eg. I found out (not the hard way, cheers for thinking) that you and the bus driver (and a few others) aren't covered by insurance if the bus lets you off somewhere that isn't an official stop. Yeah.

So answer these questions three and you'll get, i dunno...a dose of mental euphoria mixed with a tingling sensation in the left ass cheek. It's quite a good combination.

Do some work dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Steez wrote: »

C) Stay put?

Your post here has 402 words, so if you had put the time into you assignment instead of the post you'd be 1/5 of the way through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Valid point yes, but unfortunately the project is in no way related to this at all. I could of course still put it in, add a bit of spice and unpredictability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

so whats your essays on?

• Advertisement

One's on Nazi eugenics, and the other involves summarizing a shìt load of stuff into a slightly smaller shìtload of stuff. Such fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Sure a thousand words is nothing. Get crackin on it and they'll be done in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ronano wrote: »

3. Ryanair apparently require you to print out your boarding pass in colour,how odd considering its the barcode on the pass that is needed.

What? I used ryanair for the first time a few weeks back. I had to print off my pass in some dingy net cafe...it came out in B&W, nothing was said at the airport. Fair enough it wasn't an Irish airport so maybe they just didn't give a f*ck....but colour? Why? I mean most of the damn thing apart from the barcode and your immeadiate details is superfluous and wasteful.

OP; get some work done.
    ...and quit feeling up random country girls on busses; you'll only catch a disease.

Update: one's finished. Either my clock is way off, or it took me about half an hour. Hmm. Either way, that's a good days work. Sleep time now, to dream of my random country girls. Go random country girls!

Advertisement