Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€120'000 for a shed in Wicklow!?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Moved to Bargain Alerts.

Anyhow, the shed has f-all to do with it I'd say. It's the 1/6th of an acre by the beach, 3 mins from the dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

1/6 acre.
    I didn't read the whole blurb, but an investor could build a nice house on that land and make themself a heafty profit.

If I could sell my own house in the morning, I'd be left with ~200,000 to develope the place.
    Unfortunately, I cannot do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knackadog

I know someone who viewed this and yes it was a shed, with no permission to build, on something like 70 sq metres. its been up for over a year i think. the advert not the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

knackadog wrote: »
    I know someone who viewed this and yes it was a shed, with no permission to build, on something like 70 sq metres. its been up for over a year i think. the advert not the shed.
    The lack of planning permission is most likely the reason behind the low price.

That could easily be sorted out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Terry wrote: »
    The lack of planning permission is most likely the reason behind the low price.

That could easily be sorted out though.

Not on this shed. People don't want a house blocking their view of the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If it's where I think it is the Dublin - Arklow - Rosslare railway line is immediately behind those railings in the back of the photo, and just in front of that hedge at the front is a carpark for people visiting the beach at Kilcoole. You don't actually have a view of the beach at all, the beach is behind you with a railway line in between, nor is it on your doorstep either. You'd have to walk a short distance to the little railway crossing by the 'station' to get to it. Also, 1/6 of an acre it might be, but it's a long thin 1/6 of an acre .. not really suitable for building a 'normal house, I'd say. Fine for a 'beach hut' but no way on earth anyone would want to live there permanently and certainly not for €120,000 !! Lunacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knackadog

thats the place alright alun. and i think its in someone elses garden or as good as. ideal for a twin axel, chrome plated caravan for the extended family to visit at the weekends. and a diesel genny for the sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,177 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This was on the news many months ago, if not last year. Ludicrous price really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

It's a fine garden shed by all accounts but it's no house. If I'm ever going to live in my own house I very much doubt it will be in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

stagolee wrote: »
    It's a fine garden shed by all accounts but it's no house. If I'm ever going to live in my own house I very much doubt it will be in this country.

I'm the same.. I couldn't imagine buying a house in Ireland, i would say houses are at least 60% overvalued at the moment and the new estates are so badly planned, cheaply made and generally depressing..

Its a pity greed is such an issue in this country. We had the space and money to build beautiful well planned communities but instead the builders ran the show and we got homogeneous estate after estate rammed on top of one another...

A golden opportunity flushed down the ****ter!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Its the Fishermans Hut behind Kilcoole Train station afaik no planning permission will be ever granted so its kinda pointless..

Advertisement