Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQON laptop: where is other RAM slot?

Options
  • 02-11-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys,

I'm upgrading my IQON 8640 laptop from 512MB to 1GB RAM. I bought 2 RAM memory modules from memoryc (60EUR all in) and now I want to install it.

I have to take out the old memory modules (2 x 256MB) and insert the new ones (2 x 512MB). I took part of the back of the laptop off just near the battery and one of the memory modules was visible. There was no sign of the other one, so I proceeded to unscrew every screw I could see to try and take off the cover to find the other memory module. I couldn't take it off completely as it seems to be stuck and I don't want to break it.

Does anyone know where the other RAM memory module is?

PS. I ran CPU-Z, which told me what RAM I have and there are definitely 2 slots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

It could be under the keyboard.. Ive often seen the second ram slot located there on hp laptops anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

What model numbers you got underneath??

I mean real model number not Iqon one.
    Do a google and you'll either find it's an FIC (or Cleveo if newer) and check the relavent website for a manual. That should tell you where it is.

But like ab_cork says, probably under the keyboard. ;)
    But usually on the underside.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

Hi Jules, Did you find where the 2nd RAM slot is located? I am having the same problem. Thanks, Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 julesdarcy

Ya, it was under the keyboard. You need to slide off the control panel (thingy with the on button and hot keys on it) to reveal screws that you take off to remove the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Do you mean something like this?....

(Ignore CMOS battery bit)

L400CMOSBatteryReplacement.jpg?t=1195761624

• Advertisement
Advertisement