Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Connection Over proxy

Options
  • 02-11-2007 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?
    Im abroad and the Internet connection is setup via a proxy server, which I have to connect to in Internet Explorer > Options > Connection > Lan Settings.

I cannot access PPP server, anyone any ideas, if it is possible?

Greg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

I looked at this ages ago for someone , basically a plain web proxy wouldn't work. Check your PM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Bushy can you send me the details of how to overcome this problem too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

same here love to know how to get around this , if its not to much trouble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

yep me too if you don't mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

moi aussi
    Actually it might just be handier to post it public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Can I find out too please. in hotel and need to play now.

TY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭dingle

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

What you need to do is capture your internet traffic as programs like poker clients etc dont natively allow proxy connections.

I have this set up with ProxyCap and works with every client Ive tried.

You obviously need a proxy setup somewhere, and the first thing to do is enter this into ProxyCap with the server IP and port that its running on. Next set up a rule for what programs traffic should be intercepted by ProxyCap. It will then take that and lash it down to the proxy.

For those interested, antinat is a super easy socks server to set up and i think it supports windows as well as unix platforms. Though there i spossible lag issues to contend with.

Advertisement