Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Delivery Saga

Options
  • 02-11-2007 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Ordered a Dell Vostro V1500 on 23 October and delivery date was estimated to be on or before 5 November. This was the date in the online status up to this morning.

When I checked the web today delivery date had moved to 14 November. I am completely freaking out as I am supposed to be going away end of next week and need the laptop for work (I work for myself so its a kind of working holiday). I am particularly fuming as I had specifically spoken to a number of Dell customer service people during the week to stress the urgency and all had assured me it would be on or before 5th.

My question is, would anyone recommend any particular shops (Dublin) where I could get a good laptop or should I just suck it up and wait for the Vostro? (I don't even trust them that it will be here by 14th now). I think I have got a good deal with this so I just don't know what to do. I haven't heard good things about PC World.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,652 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It happens, should arrive before the new date in my experience.

I have ordered stuff that has arrived the next day, you can't depend on their delivery times, if you can do without the laptop, I'd suggest wait for it, if you can't you will have to buy from a shop which will offer no where near the price and spec of the Dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Any shop you buy it from, the notebook will be sitting there since probably start of October, maybe earlier (mostly a new notebook comes out every quarter). Whereas online, the notebook would be fairly new...

Whilst on the topic, does anyone know what the delivery time on the Komplet.ie notebooks are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 J_I_M

Hey CinammonGirl, a similar thing happened to me with my vostro 1400. I ordered it on the 23rd of September and the estimated date they gave me was on the 6th of November and on Friday 2nd November they decided to give me a new estimated date of arrival of 15th november! My laptop is still in pre-production ever since the 23rd.

I called them and the dell rep confirmed the new delivery date. He told me this is due to component shortages and that they will try to beat that new EDD.

I am eagerly waiting for the laptop as well and hope there will be no more delays. Please keep me posted on your situation. Thanx!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I hope you're both demanding an extended warranty or other goodies for the delay? :)

Oh, by the way, I've just noticed there's a little error in my previous post. My order was placed on the 23rd of october, not 23rd of september!! If that was the case I would have been REALLY dissatisfied with it. Just a small typo...

No, I am afraid I didn't ask for any rewards since I have heard that dell is not really keen on giving stuff for free since quite a few of their laptops don't make the first EDD. This is just a speculation based on what I have seen on various forums regarding the issue. Perhaps you can prove me wrong? Besides, asking for additional compensation might be the cause of new delays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's always worth asking for something :) An extended warranty shouldn't cause any delays as it's not a "part" that they'd have to wait for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Yeah, there must have been a run on Vostros on the 23rd! The latest I have is a mail saying they will update me on the 9th November, just looked at online status there and still in preproduction :(
    I asked about compensation and got the reply : "Once the order is delivered, we will discuss about the compensation"

To be honest though would have preferred to have the laptop last Monday and no need for compo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i ordered mine last Tues night and received Fri morning even though it gave a 2 week delay time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

The way people are going on about how good Vostros are on here is what is causing the problems I'd say!!! hahah!

Hope you get the laptop soon OP.

Seems that my order is still in preproduction and the EDD is still the 15th of november. I do hope it arrives by the 15th this time.....a second delay will not be tolerated.

• Advertisement

Hi, i just thought i'd give you an update regarding my laptop. Apparenly, today (08 November) my laptop came out of pre-production, went straight though production, down to shipping preparations and then got dispatched! All in one day! Even the courier called me to arrange a delivery. I am expecting it in 4 days, on Monday.

Any luck with your order cinnamon girl?

Noooooo, just checked the online status there and still in preproduction ... They are all out to get me!! I've probably given them too much abuse, they've blackmarked me. Glad to hear you've got sorted J_I_M!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I ordered last week on wednesday,by saturday it was dispatches and its due for delivery today

People - this is stressing me out, why am I not getting MINE!!!! I ordered a Vostro 1500, I wonder is it something to do with that. Will get back to them and see if they can get me some other kind of Vostro. aaahhhhhhhhhhhh

What can I say...yesterday morning I was wondering whether my order would make it until the 15th and a couple of hours later it went through all the steps and got dispatched. The way i see it is that they are terrible at updating the order status page and leave everything until the very last moment. I have in fact verified this with a couple of friends of mine who had ordered laptops from DELL before and they all agreed that their order status pages were updated 3-4 days before they received their orders.Hopefully that's the case with your order cinammongirl. Give it some more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

jesus christ whats up with DELL

ordered an inspiron on wedensday andrecieved it today (Friday). unbelieveable cant believe howquick that is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

same here McGinty, even though it says 3 week delay. Inspirons coming out quick

People - this is stressing me out, why am I not getting MINE!!!! I ordered a Vostro 1500, I wonder is it something to do with that. Will get back to them and see if they can get me some other kind of Vostro. aaahhhhhhhhhhhh

I got the 1500 as well though and its in dublin but waiting to be delivered.
    By the way does anyone know how to get the consignment number for the package sent by dell for interlink?The order status tab in dell only says that the order has been dispatched and is due by the 14th.Interlink rang me 2 days ago to arrange delivery for today but it never came.When I rang them today they wanted the consignment number????

Consignment number?? Never heard of such thing. My carrier is WWI (Walsh Western International). There's a different tracking procedure involved and I accidentally found it while browsing through the forums as DELL has not supplied me with a carrier link despite what's stated in the order status page. Does your final invoice state interlink as the carrier?

J_I_M wrote: »
    Consignment number?? Never heard of such thing. My carrier is WWI (Walsh Western International). There's a different tracking procedure involved and I accidentally found it while browsing through the forums as DELL has not supplied me with a carrier link despite what's stated in the order status page. Does your final invoice state interlink as the carrier?

Where did you find the different tracking procedure?
    I know it has been interlink because they contacted me and arranged a delivery day and time.It also says "INT" in the courier name box on one of the invoice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

my order for a vostro 1500 went through on friday, edd is one week later!! its in production now, first laptop, looking forward to it!!

Advertisement