Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania's "Zen Engagement"

Options
  • 02-11-2007 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking to order parts for my new build over the weekend, and I've found that it will work out cheaper ordering from a couple of different sites, including Pixmania. However, I'm a little concerned over their "Zen Engagement" add-on...

Basically, it seems like they are charging an extra 10% of the advertised price for extra benefits, which include "In the event of a fault with your product, you will be 100% refunded!"

This extra fee is optional, but it just seems wrong to me... Do I waive my right to a refund if I don't take up this option, even if the goods are genuinely faulty?? There must be a standard warranty period on their goods, so what exactly is the point of this Zen thingy?

Anyone out their with experience on this? All feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Gloopy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

Gloopy wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking to order parts for my new build over the weekend, and I've found that it will work out cheaper ordering from a couple of different sites, including Pixmania. However, I'm a little concerned over their "Zen Engagement" add-on...

Basically, it seems like they are charging an extra 10% of the advertised price for extra benefits, which include "In the event of a fault with your product, you will be 100% refunded!"

This extra fee is optional, but it just seems wrong to me... Do I waive my right to a refund if I don't take up this option, even if the goods are genuinely faulty?? There must be a standard warranty period on their goods, so what exactly is the point of this Zen thingy?

Anyone out their with experience on this? All feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Gloopy

this should be in cosumer issues forum rather than building and upgrading

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

I had ordered a phone from pixmania and decided not to purchase the zen addon. A week after having the phone i had loads of problems with it, freezing, screen going blank .... Even without the zen addon i was able to return the product with no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

goodlad wrote: »
    I had ordered a phone from pixmania and decided not to purchase the zen addon. A week after having the phone i had loads of problems with it, freezing, screen going blank .... Even without the zen addon i was able to return the product with no hassle.

Same here.

Ordered Logitech Webcam once from them, wasn't happy, returned whithin a week of delivery & got a full refund.

You have the right for a full refund if you return whithin 1 or 2 weeks (don't remember exactly) of delivery.

In fact I shop from them quite regularly & never buy "Zen Engagement".

Advertisement