Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republic of Ireland take F-Class bronze medal in Bisley

Options
  • 01-11-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

The Republic of Ireland F-Class Rifle Team took the Bronze Medal in Bisley, UK last weekend.

Well Done to One and All..................

In my humble opinion, this success, in the long run, is down to one person in particular, Mr John Paul Craven of the MNSCI. Without his foresight, his personal sacrifices (which ARE many), this country would not have been able to field a National Team under our National Flag.

Congratulations to all.......................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kdshooter

Sounds good but weren't there only three teams competing . . .:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

well done lads ...........hoping to start shooting F class myself soon anyone recomend a range to join

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

well done lads ...........hoping to start shooting F class myself soon anyone recomend a range to join

There's only one in the country with the facilities which is the Midlands range.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Excuse my ignorance, but what does f class involve?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Good to read and to see some people out there have a positive and supportive attitude unlike others like "kdshooter", why do people have to knock everything or begrudge others all the time............the mind boggles.

Anyway, in all, there were approx 89 shooters from 7 different countries, Germany, France, Holland, Luxemburg, Scotland, England & Republic of Ireland. Not all countries could field a full team, so they combined forces with a mixture of other individual F-Class shooters to form their teams. As F-Class shooting is relatively new, this is understandable.

The teams were, Great Britain, Germany, Rep of Ireland, Euro 1, Swampies, Euro 2, Swazi, F/TR England, F/TR Euro and finishing in that order.

Pampers, have a gooogle at f-class, such as http://ericsettle.co.uk/Fclass.htm, lots of hits will come up or try http://www.freewebs.com/fclassuk/competitions.htm, it will give you a full report of the event with photos. Hopfully the NRAI will have a report soon on their website at www.nrai.ie.

• Advertisement

Hey I'm not knocking anything just pointing out that there were only three teams in the main international match. Have a look at http://f-class.org.uk
    for full results.

Three teams were in the main international match and the other smaller teams were in a separate match. Sorry but thats the facts!

Why misrepresent the results???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Congrats to all involved in Bisley. I as a member of Midlands for only approx the last 4 years, appreciate all the lads there have done to provide me with a great facility

But why point out the negative points KDSHOOTER? Jealousy?

pampers wrote: »
    But why point out the negative points? Jealousy?

Ignore & don't feed the troll

Jealousy? I dont even shoot F Class! Just like things to be reported accurately - don't you?

• Advertisement

Of course I do, but as far as I'm concerned it was reported accurately.
    Someone whos first post is like yours comes accross to me as just someone trying to stir the s**t!
    Don't know why I've even risen to it!

pampers wrote: »
    Of course I do, but as far as I'm concerned it was reported accurately.
    Someone whos first post is like yours comes accross to me as just someone trying to stir the s**t!
    Don't know why I've even risen to it!

Ignore & don't feed the trolls

Friendly here isnt it?

I guess people have different ideas of what constitutes success!:confused:

Ignore & don't feed the trolls

Sound advice Bunny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Team scores

Great Britain 739.35v ex. 800

Germany BDMP 734.36

Republic of Ireland 684.19

Euro 1 358.24v ex. 400

Swampies 351.13

Euro 2 347.20

Swazi 268.14

F/TR England 265.4

F/TR Euro 238.6

Looks like a very respectable score to me!:)

Well done Fishdog, but if kdshooter followed the links on my posts he would have seen the same list of teams and scores, maybe he suffers from tunnel vision, cannt see the trees for the forest, bla bla.

Bye the way, I'm looking forward to next years International F-Class shoot here in Ireland again. This year there were 6 countries involved, some with two / three teams, a great success and an exciting shooting match.

And no, just in case someone asks, I didnt shoot in any of the F-Class competitions mentioned on this thread, I just love and support all types of shooting sports..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

i don't know anything about this competition... but i mean if ireland came 3rd out of 3 teams... it is last right? i'm really not trying to knock anyone (why would i?) but it is kinda true...
    it says in the summary on the site -

"The Republic of Ireland team did not live up to their usually high standard, being 40 points behind the Germans, highest scorer was Stephen Hogan with a modest 91.5"

kdshooter is not trying to begrudge anyone, it's just being realistic, the guys are not kids that just came 3rd in an egg and spoon race, and im sure we are all proud of any national team. in any sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Well done lads.
    Congratulations are in order.

Yeh, nice one Double Barrell, I'm sure that all the lads appriciate your comments.

Wasn't it great to see some of the lads get a good right up in the article,

"Match 3 was a 2+15 at 800yds, so most shooters were glad to have had the practice at this distance the day before. With zeroes already established and apparently no wind, it was clear that scores were going to be high – and they were. Some of the highest scores ever seen in a UK F-class competition were achieved in this match. Liam Jennings from Ireland came out above all others with a truly remarkable 75.13 – remember the V-bull is just 5” in diameter, to hit it 13 times at just under half a mile is a testament to Liam, his rifle and his ammunition. It is probably a new UK record score at 800yds. For information, Liam used a 6.5-284 on an RPA Quadlite action using Lapua 139gr Scenars, the rifle built by Border Barrels"

and young Dave O'Hara being mentioned on a regular basis, better not forget Conors new rifle, I spotted it in one of the photos of some of the rifles on the firing line, well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Regardless of the results its great to know we actually HAVE an F-class
    team and its being promoted and growing.

I would love to fire F-Class but lack the funding + got a hell of a lot
    of learning to do before I would move up to centre fire.
    Maybe in a few years!

~B

• Advertisement

Bullets, the lads of the NRAI or the MNSCI would be only too glad to give you an introduction to F-Class shooting, they did it for me, a fantastic day out.

From time to time, they have coaching and intro classes to F-Class.

Why not contact them...............

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

kdshooter wrote: »
    Sounds good but weren't there only three teams competing . . .:confused:

Not too "confused" to join the forum the same morning as the concrat's was posted. New to the forum, I don't think so, just hadn't the b*lls to use his other nick.
    Thanks to all those who posted goodwill messages, they at least know the time, effort and money involved in going to an international shoot and the enjoyment of competing for the sport of it.
    As CJ said, f the begrudgers.
    Best regards to all sportsmen on the forum
    Seamie

Not too "confused" to join the forum the same morning as the concrat's was posted. New to the forum, I don't think so, just hadn't the b*lls to use his other nick.
    Seamie

As i said arent you all friendly round here!

Yep new to posting although have lurked for a year or so - never been interested in posting before till I saw something that didnt make sense. Not knocking anyone just pointing out the truth - if you cant handle the truth then thats your problem.

Byebye

kdshooter wrote: »
    never been interested in posting before till I saw something that didnt make sense.

I'm sure theres many other things that have been posted over the past year that made a lot less sense than this particular post!

We are indeed a very friendly bunch around here, as I discovered myself, as I am relatively new to the forum, but if your first post consists of knocking someones marvolous achievments or indeed taking the 'shine' off it, you can hardly expect to receive a very warm welcome.

As Elmer Fudd says, a bit of courtesy / respect goes along way.

Last time to say this to kdshooter and other begrudgers, look at the link I posted and read it also look at post #16. Both clearly show the list of several teams. As explained by myself and in the article, not all nationalities had a full compliment of shooters so others steped in to make up numbers to form teams. An example would be the best F-Class shooters from Germany and Luxemburg or what ever, joining forces to form a team. I'd call that a competition to fear, these guys are good and have been shooting F-Class a hell of a lot longer than the Irish guys.

V Bull wrote: »
    As Elmer Fudd says, a bit of courtesy / respect goes along way.

Last time to say this to kdshooter and other begrudgers, look at the link I posted and read it also look at post #16. Both clearly show the list of several teams. As explained by myself and in the article, not all nationalities had a full compliment of shooters so others steped in to make up numbers to form teams. An example would be the best F-Class shooters from Germany and Luxemburg or what ever, joining forces to form a team. I'd call that a competition to fear, these guys are good and have been shooting F-Class a hell of a lot longer than the Irish guys.

Nothing to begrudge mate!

The first three teams had 8 shooters; the following teams had 4 shooters. If you want to think that is a fair competition go ahead and well done to all.

I might win more if i played by these rules:D

Can we just lock this thread please? All it has become is a thread for KDSHOOTER to annoy and upset people.
    Well done to all the lads, us real sportsmen are proud of you.

E. Fudd wrote: »
    Can we just lock this thread please? All it has become is a thread for KDSHOOTER to annoy and upset people.
    Well done to all the lads, us real sportsmen are proud of you.

If I wanted to annoy and upset people I'd say they were last - but I didnt.

Sorry if you find the truth hard to deal with

Byebye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

I dont think this thread is going anywhere except downhill.

I am also deeply suspicious of posters whose only contributions are negative.

Be warned ,posters attempting to bring this forum into disrepute by trying to start a slagging match will get my attention .

Locked !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement