Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vostro Prices..

Options
  • 01-11-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

The prices seem to have gone way up.. dammit, I was waiting until this month to see if there was going to be any better offers, Now, taking the 1500 as an example (N11150005) the savings made from reducing the warranty have gone down by around 50euro,the graphics card with that code is the 8400 so its another 70 to upgrade that to the 8600.. the only 1500 with the 8600 as standard now is the N11150007 which has the 2.2Ghz proc and a bigger hd and it wont let you reduce the warranty and as such is way more expensive.. so what would have cost me ~915 yesterday now costs €1,003 :mad:

Also.. Is the Dell site incredibly slow to load for anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I ordered mine at the perfect time.Saved almost 100 compared to todays price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

In Fairness the Dell Bargains, while still cheap, are no longer the bargains that they were.

A PC I bought in September is now 130 more... and the lap top is about 110 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sickened myself as well; was waiting on my credit card to come and only got it yesterday but no internets at home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I concur, luckily what I ordered Tuesday night now costs over 100 more also today while it was built in 2 days and on delivery already! SO much for the 3 week delays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PulpFiction

You should ring them. If you get a decent salesperson they will give you a few discounts. If you go to Alienware website you will see that Antivirus software is cheaper than the dell site but alienware is owned by Dell. Mention that and see what happens. Also don't order from the irish site. Order from the UK or even other EU countries and you will save money. Look at other companies. HP are just as good and in some cases are better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

You should ring them. If you get a decent salesperson they will give you a few discounts. If you go to Alienware website you will see that Antivirus software is cheaper than the dell site but alienware is owned by Dell. Mention that and see what happens. Also don't order from the irish site. Order from the UK or even other EU countries and you will save money. Look at other companies. HP are just as good and in some cases are better

Is it ok to order from the UK site? Will it still be delivered ok and on a reasonable time scale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PulpFiction

Fabio wrote: »
    Is it ok to order from the UK site? Will it still be delivered ok and on a reasonable time scale?

Yes all Dell machines for the EU market are shipped from Limerick. I'll be honest I have never done it but I have friends who have. The savings are not hugh but you will save money. I have been told that the main reason is that the UK is a tougher market and to be competitive Dell has to be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

ab_cork wrote: »
    The prices seem to have gone way up.. dammit, I was waiting until this month to see if there was going to be any better offers, Now, taking the 1500 as an example (N11150005) the savings made from reducing the warranty have gone down by around 50euro,the graphics card with that code is the 8400 so its another 70 to upgrade that to the 8600.. the only 1500 with the 8600 as standard now is the N11150007 which has the 2.2Ghz proc and a bigger hd and it wont let you reduce the warranty and as such is way more expensive.. so what would have cost me ~915 yesterday now costs €1,003 :mad:

Also.. Is the Dell site incredibly slow to load for anyone else?

Here... try this.... ;)

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/epp/epp?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ieepp1

Evalue code 999* N1152006

*You can enter any thinng in the first Box E.G 999

Choose the 2.0 GIG
    15.4" Widescreen WXGA+ TFT Display with TrueLife™
    Upgrade to 2 gig o RAm
    Add the 8600M GT for 46 yo yo

That wil cost about 896 INCL VAT and Delivery.

So feel free to tweak that as needed.

YOU WILL GET AN ERROR ABOUT THE WIRELESS.

As far as I can see when you move from the "Pentium Dual Core Processor " to the 2.0 you can't use the "wireless options" as they are both for the "Dual Core" Don't bother switching through all the wireless/bluetooth options.. I did it for the last 20 mins and can't make the error go away...as the wireless and ONLY for the Dual core one. So it is an error by dell...

So I recknon when you are happy with you final spec you ring it in to Dell to make the purchase and batter the required wireless connection outta them.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement