Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replica Ferrari

Options
  • 01-11-2007 3:24am
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭


    Ok i know we all hate these and ther is a few dodgy lookalike kits on the market ,bearing in mind the missus has an attic conversion in her head and the likelyhood of never owing a real one i had a look around
    did anyone see these guys? they say on there website that real ferrari panels can be fitted to the kit as its that genuine -> exact 355

    http://www.exactreplicas.co.uk/aboutus.htm


Comments

  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada


    Im not into them at all., they need HUGGEEE spacers for the wheels and that a dead giveaway that its a replica., Aswell as the cost that goes into them to transform them and the resale value is nowhere near what youd spend.,


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1


    That's a lot of money to spend to make other people think you have a Ferrari. There must be a cheaper way to raise one's self-esteem.:)


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect


    As someone said before, what do yuo do if someone comments on the fact you have a Ferrari!!!

    "Nice Ferrari man"
    "Yeah thanks"
    "Why is it only a 2.0L?"


    or

    "Nice Ferrari Man"
    "Eh, actually its a Toyota"


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot


    Buying a replica MR2 based Ferrari F355 can cost anywhere between €18,000 to €30,000 depending on base car condition and quality of the kit.

    now why would you bother when you can get this little beauty for somewhere around the €25,000 mark


    or perhaps sir would like a cheap as chips V12 Ferrari 400i way way more credable than any bodykitted toyota


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc


    roughan wrote: »
    the missus has an attic conversion in her head

    I read this and though - jaysus this fella is really insulting to that poor woman, it took me a while to get it, LOL maybe it's me that has the attic converted ! :D

    sorry to go off topic


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes


    you should read this article before you hand your money over


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot


    jameshayes wrote: »
    you should read this article before you hand your money over



    fantastic contribution to the thread :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer


    Or this article! :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot


    flanzer wrote: »
    Or this article! :D


    PMSL :D thats more like it!

    god i hate that Duncan Stewart fella...............:mad:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro


    But what's the point in it? There's no point in having a replica. 30k isn't far off the price of an Areil Atom!
    Or just get a nice mint MR2 turbo for less than half the money.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy


    A guy from my town bought one a few years ago. The town was alive with rumors that this guy had bought a Ferrari. Turns out to just be an MR2 replica. It was a good replica, but you can tell the difference straight away. Seems a sad way to spend 30K to me to be honest, look at some of the machines you could have for 30k. You would have an english M3 bought over and VRT'd for that. Or several of the following, Evo, Impreza Sti, BMW 530i, possibly even an older 911.


  • Registered Users Posts: 65,325 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!


    Do that again, and you'll be banned, jameshayes


  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco


    Meh. Some people like certain cars. Sometimes they "mean" something to them. Heck, some people will buy a Civic for under €2000, and put over €2000 worth of mods into it.

    And which looks better? A modded Civic, or a fake 355? I'd prefer the latter.
    siralfalot wrote:
    or perhaps sir would like a cheap as chips V12 Ferrari 400i way way more credable than any bodykitted toyota
    58,000 miles on a 25 year old Ferrari is just wrong.


  • Registered Users Posts: 45,716 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor


    I'd prefer a fake 355 to a €2000 Civic with €2000 in mods too, but i'd take many cars that could be bought at close to 30k instead of a fake 355.

    Phaeton
    159
    Alfa GT
    Granted, not all replicas are going to cost 30k, but the best will.

    Personally, I would prefer to spend money on a car that is what it is, not pretending to be something else. Just don't see the point in replicas, everytime i looked at it I know i had spent over the odds on a MR2 with a bodykit.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada


    the_syco wrote: »
    Meh. Some people like certain cars. Sometimes they "mean" something to them. Heck, some people will buy a Civic for under €2000, and put over €2000 worth of mods into it.

    And which looks better? A modded Civic, or a fake 355? I'd prefer the latter.


    58,000 miles on a 25 year old Ferrari is just wrong.

    Id take the civic, the civic could be an enthusiasts car if ya spent the money fitting JDM parts and tuning the engine etc,
    the ferrari would always be a poser car for some twat who flashes a ferrari keyring when his trying to impress the ladies.,;)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash


    Why buy a fake Ferrari when you can buy a Fake Lamborghini..... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220159853985

    although the year on the reg will be a dead give away...


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades


    roughan wrote: »
    "The 355 still to this day is probably the most beautiful Ferrari ever built, but still the second most expensive one to own!!"
    Um, right. You mean the one that be easiest made out of a Toyota MR2!!

    If you want a Ferrari, go classic.
    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C19314?pt=pf
    No VRT, NCT and €42 p/a tax. But loads of respect.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash


    that's a hideous looking classic ferrari though


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro


    Tauren wrote: »
    I'd prefer a fake 355 to a €2000 Civic with €2000 in mods too, but i'd take many cars that could be bought at close to 30k instead of a fake 355.

    Phaeton
    159
    Alfa GT
    Granted, not all replicas are going to cost 30k, but the best will.

    Personally, I would prefer to spend money on a car that is what it is, not pretending to be something else. Just don't see the point in replicas, everytime i looked at it I know i had spent over the odds on a MR2 with a bodykit.
    Adding badges is similar, like diesel A4's with RS kits and badges on them. Makes me laugh, cause the plebs behind the wheel of these think they are driving an animal.
    You can get nice kits for MR2's that make them very nice and unique, but still like an MR2. The fake 355's are fairly crap looking, and a lot of them are 92 or 93 which is a dead giveaway anyway, even if you couldn't spot the difference.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot


    Biro wrote: »
    Adding badges is similar, like diesel A4's with RS kits and badges on them. Makes me laugh, cause the plebs behind the wheel of these think they are driving an animal.

    seriously like, do you not know that VAG TDIs are really supercars?? :p;):D


    there are 5 A4 TDIs in Mullingar with S4 badges on them, fecking silly looking


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman


    RobAMerc wrote: »
    I read this and though - jaysus this fella is really insulting to that poor woman, it took me a while to get it, LOL maybe it's me that has the attic converted ! :D

    sorry to go off topic

    ROFL :D:D:D:D

    Back to the subject in hand....... shop around first before forking out that kinda dosh for a car that's NOT a Ferrari. :cool:


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada


    Biro wrote: »
    Adding badges is similar, like diesel A4's with RS kits and badges on them. Makes me laugh, cause the plebs behind the wheel of these think they are driving an animal.
    You can get nice kits for MR2's that make them very nice and unique, but still like an MR2. The fake 355's are fairly crap looking, and a lot of them are 92 or 93 which is a dead giveaway anyway, even if you couldn't spot the difference.

    The badges are a bit far but i wouldnt mind having the RS kit on the car, i dont really understand your point though, you say its bad to have RS kit on an A4 but its ok to have nice kits on the MR2? as long as it looks good and not over done i like the kits,.,;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh


    Driving around in a fake ferrari I imagine would be like your mates commenting on your cracking new girlfriend.. til they find out she is a tranny... :D:D
    They will laugh................. lots.
    Dont do it, buy a decent car for that money, or save for a real one.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz


    http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/360/home_360.htm

    The 406 coupé based ferrari is far superior to the MR2 IMO...although why you'd want to pull apart a 406 coupé for in the first place has me wondering.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh


    Til you look in the back and realise there's no engine...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz


    You could always stick a replica engine in there...besides when it gets to the stage where someone's looking at the engine, the facade is already breached really...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro


    vtec wrote: »
    The badges are a bit far but i wouldnt mind having the RS kit on the car, i dont really understand your point though, you say its bad to have RS kit on an A4 but its ok to have nice kits on the MR2? as long as it looks good and not over done i like the kits,.,;)

    Adding a kit to a car is one thing, trying to make it look like something its not is another


Advertisement