Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis demo on the Vostro

Options
  • 01-11-2007 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Quite a few fellow vostro users here from what Ive read.

So any of yea played crysis on it yet? Not downloaded the demo yet as Ive a project to do, but of course here I am typing about it and not doing the project. DAMN ME.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't know about the votro but on my inspiron 9400 it only runs on medium. The specs are T7200 (2Ghz, 667mhz FSB, 4MBs cache), 2GBs ram, 7900gs, windows xp. Everything is running at stock but I might overclock the graphics card once it's released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm upgrading to 169.04 and trying it out now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My 8600GT is at 500/451. Could go higher, but I don't see the need as I don't play demanding games usually.

Crysis runs relatively OK at 1280x800 medium-ish settings, though going down a res would be a better experience for the actual game I'd say. Horrific pop up in game though, noticed that. But also, the game runs unusually well at low fps. At one stage I hit 20fps and it still felt completely smooth. I know with Medal of Honor Airborne, for example, it's virtually unplayable at 20fps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Looks quite nice considering I'm playing on a laptop. Playing with a mix of medium and high on 1024x768.

Still when I see pics of very high settings I cry :(

downloading these drivers atm http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15825&st=0

*edit, oh and yes it does seem like the frame rates show it as playing much lower then it feels. very odd :S

Advertisement