Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Heart Zappos

Options
  • 31-10-2007 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

Not a shill, just a great story:
    One bright, extraordinary note in all of the sad stuff of the last few weeks - in May we had ordered several pairs of shoes from Zappos for my mom. She’d lost a lot of weight, and her old shoes were all too big. She had a whole new wardrobe of clothes in pretty colors, that fit, so I wanted her to have some pretty shoes that fit, too, when I took her up to Oregon to stay where her sister is. Out of seven pairs, only two fit. Not bad considering she’d never been this thin, so I was winging it, and the return shipping is free.

The rest were here waiting to be returned. Because of various circumstances - lost label, my mom being hospitalized and me being away, the shoes were never sent back. There’s a time limit on the return of 15 days. Remember this. When you do a return to them, they pay the shipping, but you have to get the shoes to UPS yourself. Remember this, also.

When I came home this last time, I had an email from Zappos asking about the shoes, since they hadn’t received them. I was just back and not ready to deal with that, so I replied that my mom had died but that I’d send the shoes as soon as I could. They emailed back that they had arranged with UPS to pick up the shoes, so I wouldn’t have to take the time to do it myself. I was so touched. That’s going against corporate policy.

Yesterday, when I came home from town, a florist delivery man was just leaving. It was a beautiful arrangement in a basket with white lilies and roses and carnations. Big and lush and fragrant. I opened the card, and it was from Zappos. I burst into tears. I’m a sucker for kindness, and if that isn’t one of the nicest things I’ve ever had happen to me, I don’t know what is.

http://www.zazlamarr.com/blog/?p=240

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Didn't think Zappos shipped to Europe.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

dahamsta wrote: »
    Didn't think Zappos shipped to Europe.

... mom.... Oregon..... Sounds like an American story to me. Nice tho, when we usually get to hear all the horrible, bad service stories, that a company would bother to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

Supposed to be a great site - are they?

Advertisement