Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best chinese/asian on parnell st?

Options
  • 31-10-2007 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

what is the best chinese/asian on parnell st?

have tried a couple, tired of hitting duds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i tried one last week when i was pissed and cant remember the name, it was all red inside, food was lovely. it was down a bit from o connell street on the right hand side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

of course it was lovely. you were pissed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I use one but cant think of the name its right beside were the number 40 bus leaves from its next door to a Polish shop.They do a lovely chicken curry (or beef curry) chips and rice for a fiver.Now thats not bad in my book,they also give you a good portion well it fills me up anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I used to go to one beside where the new chapters bookstore is, only a tiny place and I don't know the name as it's in Chinese on the sign... But it's literally beside the new chapters. Very cheap and lovely food, big portions too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 theprodigals0n

There's a couple of good ones on Moore St (I know it's not Parnell St but it's close enough). The one with all glass on the front is very good and cheap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

There's a couple of good ones on Moore St (I know it's not Parnell St but it's close enough). The one with all glass on the front is very good and cheap too.
    Do you mean the one with the window.

Sorry,i couldn't resist.

I'll get my jacket....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Are we talking about food here or women?:)

if u know of any women that would be nice to

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've tried the places on Parnell Street and while they were nice I'm afraid they don't come close in terms of taste to Hi-Lan on Capel Street. This is owned and run by chinese folks too and while it is more expensive the food is far ahead of the places on Parnell Street.

how much difference in price. ive eaten in the korean restaurant on capel. that was nice but i forget the name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

maradona10 wrote: »
    ive eaten in the korean restaurant on capel. that was nice but i forget the name

Do you mean the Bon Ga, with the self-service buffet? I ate there recently and it was the best meal I've had in quite a while. Great value too.

I'd recommend the chinese on the corner of Parnell Street and Marlborough Street. Very Good. There's also a chinese restaurant upstairs on Parnell Street that's also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

maradona10 wrote: »
    how much difference in price. ive eaten in the korean restaurant on capel. that was nice but i forget the name

It's about €3-4 more but it is completely worth it. The places on Parnell Street don't come close. I used to be a big fan of them and would eat there regularly until I came across Hi-Lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

there's a very good one on moore street as mentioned above, which just has a little sign on the second floor. it's always full of chinese people which is always a good sign

Advertisement