Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless problem

Options
  • 31-10-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I've got a dell inspiron 1520 with vista home premium on it. Everything was working fine, i was online and then it just disconnected itself from the wireless network at home. Its picking up the network and shows perfect signal strength.( I've got a linksys wrt52gs router). I'm not too used to vista yet. I didnt change any settings. I tried to manually connect to the network by putting the wep key in vista but no joy. Anyone had similar problem or have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Thats happened to me on my Dell Vostro 1000. The signal just drops. I toggled the wifi on/off (Fn+F2 on the vostro, maybe the Inspiron) and that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

Conor108 wrote: »
    Thats happened to me on my Dell Vostro 1000. The signal just drops. I toggled the wifi on/off (Fn+F2 on the vostro, maybe the Inspiron) and that worked.

Thing with mine is the signal stays perfect, it just wont connect. I'll try toggling it on/off and see if it helps. Cheers for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah thats what I meant. I could still see the network in the 'network and sharing centre'. I just had to toggle the wifi before it would connect. Good Luck

Advertisement