Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisdom Teeth Not Impacted But Causing Pain???

Options
  • 31-10-2007 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have had an issue with a few wisdom teeth coming through recently, was told in my last appointment back in june that there was plenty of room for them to come through etc and was fine. However I've been noticing quite a bit of discomfort recently with them all over the last few months. They growing properly upright behind the other molars, it's just that they're only half through and have been like that for a while now.

My main concern about this all is that I'm studying for an electrical engineering degree in queens belfast and the pain can be bad enough to put me off my studies. I mean for example I did a practise test the other day for one of my modules and it took my ages as I kept losing concerntration because of the discomfort I was in (wasn't in agony but couldn't always think straight). I was lucky that the guy allowed the full hour (should have only have taken half an hour in which nearly everyone finished) but this worries me now as I have a degree to chase (looking for first/2:1) and have 6 2 hr exams in january and I could fail some of them because of this.

But like I say my wisdom teeth are apparantly "normal" just that this moderate discomfort is affecting my studies badly now and was wondering would removing them be the best option? (I would actually prefer this if the discomfort stopped and could begin revising without any distractions).

Advertisement