Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod/iTunes users, RTFM

Options
  • 31-10-2007 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

On a daily basis there are threads opened up here about how it's not possible to do such and such with their iPod or that iTunes is difficult to use, and then you have the band of Apple bashers jumping in and agreeing and saying you should use such and such instead.

For christs sake, iTunes and the iPod are fairly self explanatory to use but at least try brush over the manual/help before condeming everything. The most popular one lately is that you have to have the same music library on your P.C. that's on your iPod or that you can't use an iPod as a storage device.
    Kick in the ass for all of you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I see where you're coming from but i'm going to continue to allow these threads you talk about.

there's one thing i had on my mind when i took over the modding of this forum and was to bring it back to life. before hand it was fairly dead with only 3-4 topics a week.

i keep a close eye on threads and if there's a duplication or certain bashing on a particular DAP for no reason - remember if the poster gives a valid reasoning behind their statements then it's opinion - i'll swiftly act.

just a note, if you think a post or thread is unworthy of being here, then report the post giving a reason as to why. reporting a post sends a mail directly to me which i check pretty much every 5minutes.

i'm going leave this thread open for other users to voice their opinions on this, if there's no response by the end of day, i shall lock the thread and normal service shall resume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Must say I agree with the OP, between the manual and stickies at the top
    I really think it's a case of people being too lazy and it get's a tad repetitive
    seeing Apple users posting the same questions.

Plus the search function on Boards is working again.

If needed, maybe post a sticky asking people what they want in the
    stickies at the top and update them (Broadband forum is doing similar
    at the moment).

Advertisement