Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jericho

Options
  • 31-10-2007 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭

Just finished watching season 1 of Jericho. Decent enough stuff, I like the premise of the show, even though are some really sickly lovey dovey bits.

I read somewhere that there are gonna be another 7-8 episodes to tie up the story however. Any idea when they are due to be broadcast? All I could find on my net travels was 2007-2008.

Apologies if there's already a Jericho thread, but couldnt find it using the search

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

January the 8th, and you can thank www.boards.tv Jericho forum for that bit of info

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I thought I read that they were going to give it about 8 episodes and if the ratings kept up they would keep it going. The only reason it was brought back was due to the huge response online when they announced it was being cancelled. Only got to about half way through it before I stopped watching due to the long break they had in between the season. Sounds like its worth watching the second half of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, it improved ALOT after the break...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Aye thought it was very similer to Heroes in the way first half of seaosn was good, but not special, but then second half was spectatular.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is there a release of Season 1 and 2 on dvd?

Also did it end well? Was all loose ends tied up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is there a release of Season 1 and 2 on dvd?

Also did it end well? Was all loose ends tied up?

1 is definitely on DVD but I haven't seen a dvd release of season 2 in any shops at least.

The ending of season two felt a bit rushed. They had to try and get however many seasons plots squeezed in to what felt like a handful of episodes. Obviously knowing that they were being cancelled for sure this time meant that they wanted to cover as much story as possible, but it felt as if there was a lot of character stories being skipped over in favour of plot.

Overall, season two isn't as good as the first season by a long shot, but then again Season 1 was of a very high standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not everything was tied up JP Liz, but they went as far as they could. The last episode was a bit all over the place (they were trying to tie up as much as possible), but they couldn't cover everything. Pretty good overall, I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

They didn't tie up all the loose ends when the last episode aired, but I'm not entirely sure it was due to not having enough time. They apparently filmed two endings for the last episode, one which would have left a lot of room for the story to continue (though in a new direction mostly and not really a cliffhanger) and one which would at least tie up the main plot lines. When they finally found out that the 7th episode would be the last one ever, they chose the ending to air - that's why certain things (even in that very episode) are clearly left open by the ending... But there is enough closure IMO and it was nowhere near as disappointing as if it had stayed canceled at the end of season 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Er... ok, so just as this thread is resurrected, seems S2E07 was not the end of the line :confused:?

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/01/15/yup-theyre-making-a-jericho-big-screen-movie/

Apparently a movie is in the works...

Advertisement