Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone problem

Options
  • 31-10-2007 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

my husband bought a phone on the 13th october (mobile bill pay). since saturday the phone hasnt worked properly he cant make calls telling him there is no network coverage. when he does make the calls the phone is too crackly and keeps breaking up - this is well built up areas where there is coverage. his texts all arrive together. if i try to ring him even if he is beside me its telling me his phone is off.

we are going back to the shop today. what is he entitled to? do you think its the phone or the network, if its the phone will he be given a new one or will it have to go back for repair. if its the network what can he do about it. i presume he cant leave the contract can he?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If it wasn't working the day you brought it out of the shop then you could have brought it back straight away and got a replacement, but since it's been a few weeks you may not be entitled to a replacement straight away. Most mobile operators policy is to send the phone off for repair, three times, before giving a replacement or refund.

Bring it back in, plead your case and see what they give. You could say it hasn't worked at all since you got it and this is the first chance you had to bring it back. Try insisting (politely) on a replacement as you can't do without it.

Did you get insurance on this at all? That might be a quicker way of getting it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Repair / replacement or refund , but its a choice for the shop....

normally for mobiles its 3 attempts at a repair , then replacement...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

It could well be the network provider that the problem is with and not the phone itself. Have you rang them and explained the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

If it is a problem with the handset, O2 will replace it straight away, no returning it for repair etc, as long as it is still in warranty. atleast I think that is still the policy. it was last year when my SE would not charge they replaced it there and then for a brand new phone. Only problem is that that one is bandjacked now "no network"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭D-!

well we brought the phone back and they gave us a new phone (different model) they have a return policy of 28 days and you can get a replacement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement