Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Wireless Music Centre

Options
  • 30-10-2007 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Has anyone here any experience of the Philips Wireless Music Centres? I am currently building a house and the electrician said that it would be very complicated to put a sound system in the house, e.g. speakers in every/most rooms. so anyway, i then saw the philips wireless centres they cost around €1000?? has anyone here got them? are they good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i was about to post the exact same thing

Anyone used this?
    where can I buy it cheapest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

the electrician said that it would be very complicated to put a sound system in the house

Not much of an electrician then , its not that complicated at all and most electricians should be up to the job , Its just a Patch terminal in the attic or somewhere else hidden , and some wall sockets in each room , then all you need is a multizone amp and some speakers , plus source.

As you are currently building, now is the time to do it , no wireless system has yet been invented that is as good as plain old wiring.

Most " wireless " systems available for audio are not great , the conversion /deconversion for the transmission ruins a lot of audio content.

Take a look at these guys ,

http://www.smarthomes.ie/

or get a more competent/less lazy electrician , wiring your home neatly for audio in each room is no different than wiring for lights and sockets and should be easily done by any electrician worth his salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Thanks - very technical for me but I'll try and explain it to the electrician.

When he came around first he said it would be complicated and very expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

he said it would be complicated and very expensive.
    as in " sharp intake of breath ....oooo that'll cost ya guv !! "

Chancing his arm looking for a lot of money , get a few quotes , it shouldnt be that expensive at all.

Advertisement