Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weighing scales not set to zero

Options
  • 30-10-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that weighing scales in supermarkets are reglary not set to zero. The staff are never sorry when I point it out.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The customer scales are easy to do, sometimes the zero button is painted out or obscured but it usually does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There should be a button marked "Zero" or "Tare" - that will set the scales to zero.

Scales often fall out of balance quite regularly, it would be nice if the staff noticed and maintained the scales, but they often don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

eliza64 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that weighing scales in supermarkets are reglary not set to zero. The staff are never sorry when I point it out.

Thats why I'm never sorry went my bag accidently gets stuck on something:D usually my hand;)

Advertisement