Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[req] DVD Player

Options
  • 30-10-2007 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im looking for a half decent DVD Player to tie me over until I get my PS3. Preff HD output but needs to play DivX etc, the more codecs the better.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

PDD wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Im looking for a half decent DVD Player to tie me over until I get my PS3. Preff HD output but needs to play DivX etc, the more codecs the better.

Dave

Dunnes usually have region free/divx and all that jazz dvd players for around
    the €30 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭south

anyone know if the dvd player an aldi on thursday is any good? or does it play play DivX? € 32.99

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

south wrote: »
    anyone know if the dvd player an aldi on thursday is any good? or does it play play DivX? € 32.99
    Aldi and Lidl usually do good ones, but the site says nothing. Go down, and see whats written on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i'd say its highly unlikely the aldi model playes divx.
    i can recommend the philips dvd 3380 model
    its a dvd recorder also but i dont think it has hd output.
    its plays anything ive thrown at it.
    it retails around 180eu but u can get a refurbished on
    on ebay for under 80eu if you're patient.
    This is where i got mine.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Philips-DVDR3380-DVD-Player-DVD-Recorder-CD-Player-MP3_W0QQitemZ130167274075QQihZ003QQcategoryZ29785QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Cheers for the feedback guys, much appreciated

@mailburner - are you sure your not sellin them on EBay :-P Thanks for the feedback but Im going as cheep and cheerful as I can. I'll be getting a PS3 once they come out with the DVT next year so I only need it for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

LOL
    No, im not selling them.
    i just didn't want anyone having to pay the retail price
    when they could be got much cheaper elsewerer.
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Cheers Man, take it easy :-)

Advertisement