Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raid controller

Options
  • 30-10-2007 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

ok so im not a big computer head but i have a fair idea what a raid controller and apparently mine is gone to ****......is that game over?

basically i was extracting a rar file from an external hard drive and the computer froze and i had to reset the same thing happened and when i reset again it said operating system not found.....when i put in the windows cd i can get it to load windows but it will crash in a few mins or whenever i try to do anything

i used the manufactures system restore discs which wouldnt fully restore for a a while but after a few tries it worked.......same thing tho windows loads without the cd now but then crashes and eventually it says os not found

the guy on the phone reckons its the raid controller does this sound right? any ideas on what i can do to save my beautiful :D laptop?

Advertisement