Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Doctor Galway

Options
  • 30-10-2007 1:11am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good female doctor in Galway? I've tried a few, but they're too popular, it's very difficult to get an appointment on the spot or within an hour or two. I like your man in the Galway Shopping Centre, and the way you can wait...but I want a female version :) Thanking you.

I did try a search on this one, but every thread in the Galway section came up? I think that I am going to have to get used to the new search option :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good = popular unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

dr Heterich on prospect hill has a female doctor, i think she is taking over it aswell as she was there for my last few visits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

best female doctor I know of is in the Health Unit on NUIG campus but appointments are always totally booked up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Catherine Waters is back practicing in Snipe Ave, Newcastle in Dr. Seamus Cryan's Surgery. She is young and very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

My GP is Dr. Carmel Bambury, 21 Sea Road (091 58 86 04). She is very good and also very nice.

I have been to the other doctor in that surgury too, Dr. Joan Davern, who is also very good and very nice.

Sea Road is pretty handy if you live in town. If you don't know where it is... it's basically past massimos!

Now... on a related topic... can anyone reccommend a young female doctor... the price of houses being what they are I think I'm going to have to marry rich!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I can vouch for Drs Bambury and Davoren also great GP's my wife and I used them or many years before we moved from Galway.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

No one will take me today :(

Tell them a friend recommended them, a doctor is much more likely to take you if you are a friend or relation of one of their existing patients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I don't understand why you want a female doctor. I'm not trying to pry into your medical history or anything just wondering. If a doctor is good then they're good it doesn't matter what sex they are.
    Surely a doctor should be professional and knowledgeable enough about both sexes to treat people perfectly well. If for example I came on this forum essentially saying I don't want to go to a female doctor cos I don't trust them I'd get shouted out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Dr Monica in Churchfields near Salthill is mine and she's great. Id recommend her

• Advertisement

Well, if I was male I'd prefer a male doctor. It's not that I don't trust male doctors, and I have no weird or bizarre medical history. In fact I'm rarely ill. However, for female problems I'd prefer a female doctor. Most women do...

However, as none of the doctors that I called would take me, I'm going to my local male doctor (a few members of my family go to him, so he does give me an apt short notice). But I'd prefer to go to a female doctor who would/could take me on short notice.

They said no straight out except for Dr. Bambbury. She said she'd take me if I was a patient there, so I might try her when I've a less urgent problem and become a patient, because she's been recommended a lot. I used to go to the doctor opposite the University for a while. But her secretery was rude to me, along with refusing to take me one day so I haven't gone back there.

And I'm very bad at lying. If I said a friend had recommended them, I'd need to say who, and if I didn't know who I'd be useless!

Thanks for all your help x

PM me if you want to give my name to Dr. Bambury,

My body is a wreck, so I've dropped some serious coin in her pocket since I started going to her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

There is a female doctor with Drs Kent and Wall in Whitehall Medical Centre at the back entrance of the Eyre Square Centre (Abbeygate Street side). You could try there.

Thanks a million everyone. I've just gone to my local (male) gp and got my dose of antibiotics. Popebuckfast, I may need to use you next time I'm sick. I think I like the idea of going to that doctor. She seemed nice on the phone too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Grace Doyle in Renmore is excellent and very easy to talk to; Carmel Bambury also very good / sound (and I've heard good things about Joan Davern, tho' I've never had any contact with her personally).
    Now... on a related topic... can anyone reccommend a young female doctor... the price of houses being what they are I think I'm going to have to marry rich!!
    *cough* barristers *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulh19

Can anybody recommend a good female doctor in Galway?

Both doctors in this practice are female and I have no problems recommending both of them...
    Regional Medical Centre, 32 Newcastle Road, Galway. 091-520340

I don't know what's the story for new patients but you could ring and ask for the next time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Caitrona Waters is brilliant, very thorough.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Well. I'm no doctor, but I've have a look!

Advertisement