Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting music on my iPod

Options
  • 29-10-2007 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

Have an iPod since June and always wondered why I could only put music on it that was on my home computer, in other words I could only have one iTunes library on it at a time. I just accepted it but my mate came over the other night and took a load of music off my computer and put it on his iPod (which I think is the same as mine). How come I can only put music on from one computer and he can put music on from any computer??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'm guessing you have your iPod to synch automatically with iTunes. Switch that off and you'll be able to take music from as many itunes libraries as you wish.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If I am reading you right this is functionality of iTunes which is stopping you from using the iPod as a true mass storage device. There is a program called EPHpod which will let you do what you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Jip wrote: »
    I'm guessing you have your iPod to synch automatically with iTunes. Switch that off and you'll be able to take music from as many itunes libraries as you wish.

You do that through the iPod itself yeah??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

ziggy wrote: »

Nice one, thanks!!!

Advertisement