Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike ID have altered the terms of gift voucher, what are the options?

Options
  • 29-10-2007 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I recently bought a gift voucher for my brother from Nikeid.com, this was less then 3 months ago. In the terms and conditions the gift voucher was set to be valid for 12 months after purchase. On friday last (26th of october) I recived an email from Nikeid stating that gift vouchers were now being stopped, and my brother now has only until the 2nd of November to make his purchase. Obviously I am very annoyed. Not only are they changing the terms of a contract which both parties agreed to, but now the gift I have given to my brother has to be a rush job.

I am not sure if nikeid is registered here, but they are part of hte Nike group. Is there anyway that some form of satisfaction can be found, legal or otherwise, from this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You need to do some research. Where are they based? Europe or US? If it is Europe, they cannot do this to you, because they are changing the terms of the contract in a way that prejudices against your position, and this is unreasonable. You should talk to the European Consumer Centre.

A shop on Grafton St. which was part of a UK group recently stopped trading and according to the sign in the window, a cash refund was being offered for all gift vouchers and credit notes.

If it's the US, they probably cannot do this to you. You might need to contact the better business bureau in the State where they are located. Otherwise, watch out for class actions. Other people probably have the same complaint.

Email them, say this isn't the deal you signed up for and ask for a refund of the voucher value. Follow up by phone. You might be surprised at how willing they will be to give you a refund.

Advertisement