Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod - turning off automatic pause

Options
  • 29-10-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

The wire on my headphones is a bit damaged, it doesn't really interfere with the sound but my iPod will keep pausing when the wire bends even when I put the lock on. Anyone know how to turn this off? Tried looking through all the settings on iTunes but couldn't see an option.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It can't be turned off...

Is it your headphone input that is damaged or the headphones themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm almost certain it's the headphones. Nothing can be done at all? That's ghey... need some new Sennheisers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

may not be off use to you but rockbox has a feature that allows you to set what to happen when the headphones become unplugged, it gives you either to continue play or to pause.

quite handy i think.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Cremo wrote: »
    may not be off use to you but rockbox has a feature that allows you to set what to happen when the headphones become unplugged, it gives you either to continue play or to pause.

quite handy i think.

yep, that'd defo sort out if it was the phones or the HP jack

Rockbox is an alternative to iTunes ja? Big dl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

www.rockbox.org - much more info than i can give.

basically it's the same padigm as dual booting windows and linux on a pc.

it's new firmware for your ipod, allows you to drag and drop audio files, has this feature that you're looking for with regards to the headphones. plus countless others.

you can still boot the ipod up in the apple firmware as well, i think this is advised if you want to watch videos on the ipod as i don't think rockbox supports videos, i've never tried as i never need to watch videos on my ipod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 myklcz

Hi guys, I've just solved this issue. I have 5th gen. video ipod and when I'd like to use it with my Ultimete Ears headphones (yep, they are coool!), it pauses every 2 secconds :(

So You need to disassembly your ipod, solder two joints on headphone jack flexible dps and then will work just fine...

Anyway You are right, You can always use RockBox, it's great, but I like my iTunes db :)

Mail me to mykl(at)musicmix.cz for mod detials, if You want to know more...
    :cool:

I'm totally not gonna do that.

Kold wrote: »
    I'm totally not gonna do that.

Sure, that's Your choice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Can you not use normal headphones on an iPod without doing either of the above solutions then?

I'm in the middle of a toss up between an iPod and a Zen - being able to use my choice of headphones is a major sway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

myklcz wrote: »
    Hi guys, I've just solved this issue. I have 5th gen. video ipod and when I'd like to use it with my Ultimete Ears headphones (yep, they are coool!), it pauses every 2 secconds :(

So You need to disassembly your ipod, solder two joints on headphone jack flexible dps and then will work just fine...

Anyway You are right, You can always use RockBox, it's great, but I like my iTunes db :)

Mail me to mykl(at)musicmix.cz for mod detials, if You want to know more...
    :cool:
    Any chance of a photo of this trick done? I've done my share of soldering on my car, but never something as small as I'd imagine the inside of an iPod would need.

Apple uses proprietal jack, that is slightly different spacing, so the switch inside female jack in ipod does pause issue with some types of headphones, not all, but some... Good idea is to try Your phones with it before You buy it...

Soldering is not some mikrojoint, but You need temperature regulater solder iron, because it's not classic PCB, but flexible one... it's more sensitive for overheating...

I don't think I want to open my iPOD again, but I can draw You some simple markup what where to solder together to disable pause option, if You want...

For ilustration, You can see http://macspoon.ru/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/inside-ipod-classic-and-nano-3g.jpg for iPOD inside view...

Advertisement