Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas ads

Options
  • 28-10-2007 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Just saw an ad on TV for sofas (dfs or some such) last week that had mention of Christmas in it :rolleyes:

They usually don't start until AFTER Halloween i thought.
    Anyway anyone else seen any Christmas ads/mentions of Christmas yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Well there's Christmas trees in Debenhams. Its crazy all this media obsession! complete exploitation! They're marketing Christmas before Halloween!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

tech77 wrote: »
    Just saw an ad on TV for sofas (dfs or some such) last week that had mention of Christmas in it :rolleyes:

They usually don't start until AFTER Halloween i thought.
    Anyway anyone else seen any Christmas ads/mentions of Christmas yet.

I had a similar rant last night.

I was roundly pilloried.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055171861

Holidays are coming, holidays are coming, holidays are coming, holidays are coming, 'tis the season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Myth wrote: »
    Holidays are coming, holidays are coming, holidays are coming, holidays are coming, 'tis the season...

Pennies, gotta whole lotta things for Christmas, gotta lot for the fam-il-ee.

Faw-la-la
    la-la la-la
    la-la
    Faw-la-la
    la-la la-la
    la-la
    Faw-la-la
    la-la la-la
    la-la

Pennies, gotta whole lotta things for Christmas, gotta lot for the fam-il-ee.

The above song means Xmas has well and truly landed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Yep Tesco in Merrion has a Christmas stand with mince pies on it.

Bottom line: they would have to bring in some sort of law before companies would stop showing Xmas ads in October

Edit: Just saw person complaining about the use of Xmas in other thread. For the LAST time - X is an abbreviation of the word Christ, due to its Greek origins (Χριστος). Go into many churches and you'll see the letters 'XP', again an abbreviation of Christ. Grrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭in_da_club

ho ho ho merry christmas!:D

Advertisement