Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daylight Savings Time

Options
  • 28-10-2007 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

An hour ago it was 01:07. I looked at my clock just now and its 01:07 again. I was going to go to bed but it feels kinda wrong now. Weird...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cornbb wrote: »
    An hour ago it was 01:07. I looked at my clock just now and its 01:07 again.
    Yup, it should be called the 'After One Hour' Forum ;)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Weird with a capital WIIIIIIII!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Uh just back from pub/club, i was wondering my me laptp says it's 01:17 whn me watch says it's 02:17

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i was wondering why the televisions listings were all mixed up. the extra hour slipped my mind. my mates working 00.00 to 08.00 tonight. you know the way it seems like the clocks not moving when your in work, ha, imagine how he feels. the clock moves alright, backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Yep, it has begun. Starts Sunday October 28th to March 25th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I'm glad we're saving the day light, think of the children!!! The sun can only last so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

seriously, it happens every ****ing year, last weekend in october.

there's always reminders and threads about it here, what kind of moron forgets about it?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

longshanks wrote: »
    i was wondering why the televisions listings were all mixed up. the extra hour slipped my mind. my mates working 00.00 to 08.00 tonight. you know the way it seems like the clocks not moving when your in work, ha, imagine how he feels. the clock moves alright, backwards.

Ouch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What the hell time is it?

I left my phone in my bedroom.

My PC says just gone 2...is it right?

Is it really 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

left the pub, can i go back now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's 11.22 am now where I am thanks to daylight savings. We went forward an hour so now there's 9 hours time difference instead of seven :(

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's 11.22 am now where I am thanks to daylight savings. We went forward an hour so now there's 9 hours time difference instead of seven :(

Yep

Me burd is in NZ at the moment.

Told her to leave it out with the early morning phone calls after today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume its nearly 3AM.. my phone and PC seems to have updated itself. Didnt even spot it.

I hadnt planned to stay up this late! ><

DesF wrote: »
    Yep

Me burd is in NZ at the moment.

Told her to leave it out with the early morning phone calls after today.

Pain in the tits for watchin the football, though after today yesterday it might not be such a bad thing.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Pain in the tits for watchin the football, though after today yesterday it might not be such a bad thing.

It's a blip.

Dude, don't even think about complaining about football coverage ffs.

At least citeh get on Foxtel.

eL?

Yeah right.

I was stuck with dodgy text messages at god-awful hours of a saturday morning to keep in touch.

You got it good.

DesF wrote: »
    It's a blip.

Dude, don't even think about complaining about football coverage ffs.

At least citeh get on Foxtel.

eL?

Yeah right.

I was stuck with dodgy text messages at god-awful hours of a saturday morning to keep in touch.

You got it good.

Ha ha yeah true. Unfortunately though I only have boards to rely on for my eL updates. Could hardly rely on the RTE website now could I?!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

it's the stupidest thing in the World, we're all moaning about carbon emissions so we go and make it dark and cold one hour earlier! Nevermind how many more people die on the roads! Keep it summer time I say. I'd rather have my extra hour in the evening then when I'm getting up for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

OMG!!! We're ruining the environment.
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,30000-1290469,.html

****ing retards.
    Do realise that it will be dark in the morning instead of the evening, if it were left the same?

Some Scottish guy said "fdhgtyja fdg ehtry grhtw hertey ere clock efeww time sfg"
    I agree.

Terry wrote: »

Some Scottish guy said "fdhgtyja fdg ehtry grhtw hertey ere clock efeww time sfg"
    I agree.

The further north (or south if in the southern hemesphere) the more important DST is.

It's a bit pointless for southern europe but they still do it! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

yeah it'd suit me if they didnt bother either, I'm never up early enough to reap the benefits in Winter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

wouldnt it be great if instead of putting the clocks back an hour on a sunday by an hour, you put them back by a day so all us weekday workers get an extra long long weekend!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My sister used to think that the clocks went back on christmas eve to give santa more time to deliver the presents. :D

Advertisement