Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA: Season 4, Episode 5: Travelers [WARNING SPOILERS]

Options
  • 27-10-2007 7:30pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Best Ep so far. New peeps and a fresh approach!

What did you think of episode 5 20 votes

Yehaaawww!!
    0% 0 votes
    Excellenet
    35% 7 votes
    Good
    25% 5 votes
    Bad
    35% 7 votes
    Ugly
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Not bad, Dunno what I expected from the travelers really.
    I felt a bit of a letdown, no really cool new technology (yet)
    It was nice how they worked in Ronans' gun :)
    The episode itself was good, good action and story.
    I was hoping the jumpers would dock in the ancient ship and go with the travelers and continue the story next week but no such luck.
    Hopefully not some dodgy filler next week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I liked it. A new human alliance. A slight romance. A gutsy female lead charachter.
    I love the filler episodes, but always feel they should accompany a bit of the overall storyline. I guess that is a future alliance for wraith/replicators stuff.

I want more charachter developement god damnit. Heh. Overall, thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thought this one was good enough for a filler. As posted nice to see a different group of humans for a change. That's said I thought the acting of the female lead, pretty and all as she was, was very ropey.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Quite liked it and it's reasonable enough we've never encountered them before - space is VERY big and they don't go planetside much. They could make useful allies and seem more interesting than the Genii are currently.

Also this episode allowed me to add to my long-running list where I want one of the leads of every sci-fiesque show that I've watched to appear in the Stargate franchise. I can now knock "Blade" from that list :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Knackers in space Eh :D

I Liked, although if the Pegasus Galaxy was seeded by the ancient Lanteans, then y'd think at least some of their descendants would carry the ATA Gene.

Also if they invented Ronon's pistol why do their spaceships have such piss poor weapons, honestly it sounded like they were flickin rubber bands at the jumper.

all in all probably a better alliance than the Genaii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I dunno, it wasn't the greatest episode ever... but for the overall plot this'll be great, new alliance + lots of ships could = epic battles

Buuuuut, the episode didn't have a feel to it, i could a lot of things coming from miles away like Sheppard locking in the ships controls, wraith turning up, them both kissing, her knocking him out...same old same old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Space tinkers.
    A good episdoe, and I doubht it's filler, I bet we'll be seeing them again.

Few bits were hit and miss but if they keep this up, it will atleast be entertaining, mediocre sci fi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 niallzer_uh_huh

This was a decent one. I especially liked the fact the Ronon's gun was explained and that yer wan was a lash.

I assume that was some sort of EMP they were using at the start of the episode. It sounded like a hard-rocking guitar to me, EXACTLY like the bombs Jango Fett used against Obi Wan in Attack of the Clones. (Anyone else remember that?)

The twists and turns in the plot weren't very good, but it was OK.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yer woman was indeed a lash, but that didn't stop me from wanting to punch her in the face the whole episode. Kirk falling for the kiss-and-stun routine annoyed me.

Decent episode otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,994 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Okay im up to here as of now :)

having watched the first 5 in rapid succesion im very happy with the results of season 4: 1 and 2 were just great, 3 was also a great wraith improvement and the satedan thing was a good line (and the wraith scenes got major upgradez!) - then 4 happened and then that clown and lol..... I love this show.

yea 5 was also great - its cool to emphasize the puddle jumpers are acting more like squadron fighters too: i am loving that. With their weapon pods (are they called pods i forgot) 5 or so of them should be able to take down wraith cruisers even 0_0

I like this new character - its too much like the Vala story from way back when she was introduced but hey - maybe the wont fcuk this one up :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement