Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp3 player advice?

Options
  • 27-10-2007 6:52pm

My brother is a technophobe but loves music and wants to get a mp3 player. I've told him the best two are creative and ipods. He'll only need about enough space for 1000 songs...can someone recommend any good deals? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭syberspud

Can't go wrong with...
    img_3728_ipod_shuffle_orange_450x360.jpg

I can't get 1000 songs on a shuffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Creative Zen Stone Plus

2gb player - holds 1000 songs according ot hte creative site, nice and small and has a screen and radio.

Dandy little thing

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just a note,

depending on how you encoded your music files you may not fit 1000 songs on a 2gig player.

creative state you can get 1000 4minute songs on the stone plus, if you encode them at 64kbps wma's, well if you're going to do that you might as well listen to a 1000 monkies ripping at my ass whilst i take a fart.

Indeed - forgot Zen V Plus 4gb or and ipod nano would be better.

Still i'd got of the zen for the radio etc.

My Mum got my dad one for christmas last year and he loves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Is pixmania the best ? I heard of a bucko from Mayo who had awful trouble getting stuff shipped to his home address..Anyone advise on a good site to buy say an nano...ebay, elara ??? :(

best place to buy nano's is the apple store at www.apple.com/ie , apple fix the prices of their products so that they are pretty much the same price in the continent. you may save 10 euros on www.komplett.ie but you soon lose it when you factor in shipping.

that "bucko" probably had trouble getting stuff delivered to mayo because it was more than likely a country address which couriers like ups/dhl - which pixmania use - don't like.

Mr. bucko buckington
    cnoc mór
    ballina
    co.mayo

how is anyone meant to know where the likes of that is.

hell i even have problems getting stuff sent to my home address and i live in a big commuter town. i usually supply my phone number and make sure the company sticks it on the parcel so that the courier can ring me if there's a problem looking for my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Thanks for the advice. I had a look on the apple site and there 149 eura there too. Cant bate that it seems. Watch out for dem mad bucko's from the hill.:D

try getting some student discount as well from the education store on apple.com/ie store.

they don't knock off as much - if any - as they do for laptops and software but every penny you don't have to pay can be donated to me :D

They don't do student discounts on ipods - you just get a free one if you buy a mac.

• Advertisement

i seem to remember they did, perhaps they've gotten rid of it.

it was only a couple of euro mind.

Yeah they got rid of it for ipods a while back, in fact the ipod classic is 1c more expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

that looked good but alas it says "out of stock".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Oh, sorry. I didn't see that. You could get the new Nano on Ebay for about €130 delivered.

Advertisement