Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores/Sony Bravia

Options
  • 27-10-2007 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I spotted a 32" Sony Bravia LCD in Dunnes for approx €770 (down from €990).
    Thats with 20% off until midday monday.
    Is this a bargain or are there old models of the Sony Bravia floating about.
    Is there any way to recognise if its an old model. ??
    It looks a good deal to me, and I have never seen a Sony in Dunnes before this one.
    Any advice greatfully received.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Any idea what the model number is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

Any idea what the model number is?

Not at the moment, will have to check tomorrow.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭djdunny

the model number is 32u2000 iicrc, i work in the place n still cant remember the model number n i have people askin me the whole time.

djdunny wrote: »
    the model number is 32u2000 iicrc, i work in the place n still cant remember the model number n i have people askin me the whole time.

Yes that is the one I am reasonably sure, if so its not got the greatest reviews but still a good buy for a Sony. Its from year 2006.
    Are they in all Dunnes Stores as I have generally only seen Phillips and LG plus the cheap and cheerful models.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

My 11-month-old 32V2000 has developed a thin green line all the way down the screen, about 50mm in from the left edge. Paid €1400 for it on komplett (400 less than sony centre)

So much for paying for quality, luckily just inside the warranty.

• Advertisement

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    My 11-month-old 32V2000 has developed a thin green line all the way down the screen, about 50mm in from the left edge. Paid €1400 for it on komplett (400 less than sony centre)

Bought this LCD today for €749 but one also gets 20% back in Dunnes vouchers (Approx €150) so its not a bad deal even if its an older model.
    Reviews on various sites give it a very positive rating. 4 out of 5 generally.
    Will give a review later.
    Thanks

speedbird1 wrote: »
    Bought this LCD today for €749 but one also gets 20% back in Dunnes vouchers (Approx €150) so its not a bad deal even if its an older model.
    Reviews on various sites give it a very positive rating. 4 out of 5 generally.
    Will give a review later.
    Thanks

32V2000 @ €749?

32V2000 @ €749?

No 32U2000 (Uniform different model from V)

speedbird1 wrote: »
    No 32U2000 (Uniform different model from V)

OK, still good value. Green lines excepted.......

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Akula

Which dunnes did you see these in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, not in my local Dunnes anyways.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Didn't see any of these in either of the Dunnes in Letterkenny. Only the SEG's and one LG 50" plasma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I've a 32V2000 which I got when it came out (about 18months ago).
    Amazing TV, no problems whatsoever. Definitely paid for quality.

OP thats a decent price for that TV imho. It does have a few less features than the S or V but is still a quality set.

You should do some research on avforums, very good site for tech stuff, thats where I went to do my research when I was buying.

Advertisement