Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Dell Laptop Screen

Options
  • 27-10-2007 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi there

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 and I've managed to break the screen on it,
    the broken screen is an LG Philips LP154W01 15.4 inch lcd screen.

Dell have told me that I will have to send it back to them so that they can repair it and send it back,

I'd rather just order the screen and fit it myself.

Does anyone know if any 15.4 inch will fit the laptop? and where can I get one? I've been looking online and I can only find them on ebay, I need to fix it quickly so a shop in Dublin would be preferable.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

You'd be lucky to find this available in Dublin.
    I've done a few repairs like this anf everytime I had to get the prt from the UK.
    Good luck with ur search,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Is it really that easy that you can do it yourself??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I've swapped over screens between older Dell laptops and they are not always the same :(

google for the screen type, you need to match the connectors / cables so check the physical location of them on the screen compared to a replacenment. Cables that won't reach won't work.

Google for the screen - LP154W01
    it may say which other laptops have the same screen

Advertisement