Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in River Village

Options
  • 27-10-2007 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Anyone any ideas of broadband services in River village.

I live in an apartment block and we are not allowed put any aerials on the building, so my only choice is Eircom, but they do not have a broad band service here yet.

Any ides anyone?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

I live on the Old Tuam Road and have BT broadband via phone line. But I think you cant get it in river village at the moment.

If you're not allowed antennas for wireless broadband, then maybe try these:
    https://www.vodafone.ie/broadband/?utm_source=Broadband&utm_medium=CPC&gclid=CLPKuKe7r48CFQWVMAodBj9oJg
    http://www.three.ie/broadband/datamodem.htm

Not sure what they are like though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭eoinhealy

Thanks giveth

Will take a look at them, didnt think of using them, I thought they were really for people with laptops. I should not have moved from Shannon Weir, I miss my broadband :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

I've heard three broadband reception isn't great over that side of town. Apparently vodafone is a bit better though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

well your only real BB wireless option over there is Last Mile, and honestly, you're better off without it, it's craptastic.

As radioactiveman said 3 isn't great that side. If you have any friends with 02 or vodafone, ask them can you borrow it for a test.

You should never of left the Weir, we have private parking, car break-ins, riverside view.. etc.. :P lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭eoinhealy

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    well your only real BB wireless option over there is Last Mile, and honestly, you're better off without it, it's craptastic.

As radioactiveman said 3 isn't great that side. If you have any friends with 02 or vodafone, ask them can you borrow it for a test.

You should never of left the Weir, we have private parking, car break-ins, riverside view.. etc.. :P lol

Jeebus, when I was living down there my car was broken into and wallet niked out of it, my gf's car had the mirror broken off of it, the windscreen smashed, and a few other things. We had a brothel outside our front door, and a drug dealer next to the brothel. Party animals living above us, and a load of scumbag kids running by every night chucking eggs at the apartments. So if you know anyone who is moving into an apartment down the lane that has the arch at the end of it (Shambles Lane) at the first block, advise them not to.

Putting all that aside, it was a lovely place in the summer, Found it hard not to go into Seans beer garden on a nice day, or if a band was playing. And instead of having to wait in line to use the toilet I could just go to the apartment, it's pretty much next door.

Just wondering something, did anyone else have a seperate kitchen in their one bed apartments. Hynes Estate Agents said we were the only ones'. Just curious.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

wow, feckin hell. I'd heard of the brothel but thought it was shut by the gardai :P guess not, or possibly there was more than one. I'm lucky then, i'm down the back past the second gate, keep my car inside the gate. Have friends on both sides of me and the neighbours below are quiet enough. Plenty of cars have been broken into, it took them long enough to put up more cameras and lighting.

Yeah it's great to be able to wander home from Seans and not have to worry about the car or getting a taxi.

The kitchen thing probably was just those apts. ours is a 3 bedroom, with 1 big kitchen etc..

Advertisement