Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod Question

Options
  • 27-10-2007 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a new 80GB ipod the other day and loving it. But just wondering if there's a way I can stop all my photos, videos etc being automatically transferred on to it when it's syncing? I know you can uncheck music and that's cool but I don't want poxy photos taking up space on machine.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Set the ipod to manualy synce rather than auto sync?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bought a new 80GB ipod the other day and loving it. But just wondering if there's a way I can stop all my photos, videos etc being automatically transferred on to it when it's syncing? I know you can uncheck music and that's cool but I don't want poxy photos taking up space on machine.

When you are in iTunes, click on your iPod to the left of the screen. It should bring up a 'home page' for your iPod. On that screen you should see a checkbox for syncing, just switch it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

When you are in iTunes, click on your iPod to the left of the screen. It should bring up a 'home page' for your iPod. On that screen you should see a checkbox for syncing, just switch it off.

Yeah I've done that but I'm still left with hundreds of photos on it. How can I get rid?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not sure as mine never sync'd photos even when i used itunes, but perhaps going into the ipod through my computer >> ipod >> have a root around here.

Yeah I've done that but I'm still left with hundreds of photos on it. How can I get rid?

Ok, go into 'preferences' on iTunes and have a root around for something that will display 'photos' on the left hand side of the screen (next to music, podcasts, etc). Then you should be able to delete them the same way you delete songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Problem solved (I think!). Cheers for that.

Problem solved (I think!). Cheers for that.

Cool, to think i did all that by educated guesses! lol!

Advertisement