Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Player Sticking on every song

Options
  • 25-10-2007 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi,

I have latest version of Media PLayer, PC Windows XP.

Every song that I play gets interrupted by the player. It happens every 20 seconds or s. It stops for half a second and then continues.

Very annoying. Cannot play a single track uninterrupted either from Library or from a CD in the CD Rom Drive.

ANy ideas.

Same thing happend on our previous version of media player. We updated to latest version when prompted but it made no difference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Reinstall all current drivers for your pc. Motherboard,sound,graphics etc etc. Also, do you have anything running in the back ground? and what are the specs of your pc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

have you by any chance got a Dell?

Something similar happens on my dads machine (Dell Dimension - Vista Home premium, AMD X2 5400 processor - 4gb RAM)

would be interesting to see i this was a common prob with an easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

turn off scanning of folders for new tracks

In WMP, click Tools, Options and click the Library tab

Then click monitor folders and remove any folders you can

Click Ok and and then ok again. Close down WMP and restart it and hopefully that will fix the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i've seen this with media player in vista quite a lot
    make sure SRS wow effects are turned off in the enhancements section.
    that might fix ur problem

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭hughm

Hi amd thanks for the replies,

Yes I have a Dell,

I couldn't remove any folders in Library, I just clicked to Ignore them

The SRS WOW effect was not turned on.

So far problem not resolved.

ANy more thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Do you have an anti virus.. have you tried playing it another music player such as Winamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Dodgy plugins can often do it (has happened me) for example Last.fm or the MSN messenger plugin

Advertisement