Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(REQ) GHD hair straighteners.

Options
  • 25-10-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

I reckon the Mrs. would like one of these for christmas.
    i've looked on ebay but can't seem to muster up the same researching skills as I would for say a laptop :D

Have any of the ladies on here found a bargain anywhere for one of these?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

my sister is a hair dresser tony and guy city centre.
    and they swear by h2d .its just 40 sterling and available in pink too.
    better spec than any ghd on the market ive actualy got in ten of these and she sold 5 to some of her mates .all well happy...
    tempature gauge and propper ceramic grips unlike the ghd .

2 year warranty too

hope this helps
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PINK-H2D-CERAMIC-HAIR-STRAIGHTNERS-LTD-ED-NOT-GHD_W0QQitemZ200166389086QQihZ010QQcategoryZ36408QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The GHD's tend to be the same price everywhere!

And if you find it cheap on EBay, it's not authentic.

Think you can get one with a gift set with various creams and mousses for about 180 - 200 euros in most hair salons.

I know this because i was looking into buying one for the girlfriend for Christmas.. and then she treated herself to one while getting her hair cut a fortnight ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

basquille wrote: »
    The GHD's tend to be the same price everywhere!

Think you can get one with a gift set with various creams and mousses for about 180 - 200 euros in most hair salons.

Yea they are only available through peter marks in Ireland, thats cause peter marks gets them made up in china in batches... by all accounts they are worth about €20, they also have the same type approvals & parts as many other dirt cheap hair strainers from china...

The problem is that they are bad quality, and when they break ( usually the flex goes ) there is no one who will repair them so women will go out and spend €170 on a new one...

You'd be best off buying a Remington or something like that, cause they are just as good, much better quality and reasonable value...

Although most women go mad for GHD's, its just all down to marketing (same as Ipods in the early days).... They are convinced cause they are €170 that they must be high quality and better than anything else anyone else makes... women will not believe that they are only worth about €20...

I get a big kick when i see the current ad in peter marks, they are selling a pink one with a pink towel...

Ohhh don't ask how i know the above information.... lets just say i had a friend who used to be in the business...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh, i have no doubt what you're saying is true and i've been saying the same thing for years but try convincing your other half that when she's so sure her hair is SOOOOOOOOO much straighter! :rolleyes:

I've read the GHD's also do more damage to your hair than a standard straightener.. and yet they've turned this into a marketing ploy bringing out a mousse / cream that you should apply to your hair when you're straightening it so you don't end up baldy by the time you're 30!

I know Peter Mark's are selling them alright but know a couple of local hair salon's selling them too so they're obviously not just available there. But irregardless, same price everyone is pretty much guaranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

Thanks Guys, G2d seems to be the way to go alright! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement