Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urged

Options
  • 25-10-2007 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so anytime I am out on the moped and I'm driving near a van with a ladder on the back (you know the ones) I get the urge to try and grab the ladder and ditch the bike!

So do you get the urge to jump the counter in your local chipper or kick the heals of people walking in front of you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I keep a locked cover over the ladder on the back of my van for this very reason.

Indiana Jones has a lot to answer for!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Good idea ... now monkeyfudge, I know as well as anyone that you get urges ... fess up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

Recently there was one of those car transporters broken down on the side of the road, and he had the top tier down to the ground (I presume to unload the cars). So bloody tempted to drive up it at speed ala dukes of hazzard.

Then I remembered that I dont drive the general lee, I drive a 17 year old Honda with no suspension and that I'd probably end up upside down in a river and covered in blood.

I did once fall on the travelator in the Blanchardstown centre and rolled a good 30 feet before coming to a bruised stop. Does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I hope one of the mods gets the urge to close this thread..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol, gotta say the thought had crossed my mind!

But more realistically (perhaps), I'd like to try grabbing onto the back of a bus and getting a free ride! Not alot of grip though unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Well sometimes when crossing the road through slow-moving traffic and if I have a racket/umbrella/hurley at hand I get an urge to lay waste to the car stopped beside me, like in that bonus round in Street Fighter 2. Never done it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

When ever i'm at a cliff face I get the urge to swan dive off it. When i'm at the cliffs of Mohar I always have to walk up to the edge and swing one foot out over it, theres also a little ledge around the corner to the right (when facing the cliffs) that I have to jump across to and jump back.

I also get the urge to shout out something obscene at parties that I know would make everyone gasp in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Orange69 wrote: »
    I hope one of the mods gets the urge to close this thread..

I get the urge to personally abuse Boardsies who whinge in threads that they dont like ... I dont think I'll ever give into it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

its more fun on a skateboard/rollerblades*

*oh the shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

6th wrote: »
    I get the urge to personally abuse Boardsies who whinge in threads that they dont like ... I dont think I'll ever give into it though.

Good for the tuna..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Had the same feeling when on a bridge over train tracks and a train goes by... free trip until the next station.

Then i remember i'm not an idiot/cheapskate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Archeron wrote: »
    I did once fall on the travelator in the Blanchardstown centre and rolled a good 30 feet before coming to a bruised stop. Does that count?

that sounds hilarious. looks more hilarious in my head

(naturally enough that's because it wasn't me)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I hate heights, yet whenever I'm on holidays, staying in an apartment a few floors up, I get the urge to jump off the balcony. Weird eh? And no, I'm not suicidal. ;)

Analyse that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

You've always got that urge to throw the screaming child out of the doctors waiting room via the window :D

Yes, it's true, I'm going to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I used to get lots of strange urges, mostly to do something daft and bewildering in public, and it would usually make me giggle away to myself for ages. I'm sure people who've seen me burst out into laughter for no apparent reason think I'm crazy enough as it is without doing anything odd though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I keep a locked cover over the ladder on the back of my van for this very reason.

Indiana Jones has a lot to answer for!

Indiana Jones was the first thing that srung to my mind there as well can;t wait for the new indi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

ciaranfo wrote: »
    You've always got that urge to throw the screaming child out of the doctors waiting room via the window :D

Yes, it's true, I'm going to hell.

why you think the kids in the doctors there are usually sick thus the whinging!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

When I finished off the last of a roll of tin foil, I kept the cardboard insert for a few days, was hoping I would encounter someone who fancied a duel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

I get random urges to break things. I sometimes get the urge to be mean to people. I never do either though. I'm a good girl really

Advertisement