Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaio VGN-FS285E - Drivers

Options
  • 25-10-2007 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently reformatted an relatively old Sony Vaio for a colleague. Stupidly i didn't take note of the driver list as I had assumed the driver package available on sony.com would contain all that i needed. Now it seems that i am missing the drivers for the following "Ethernet Controller" and "Mass Storage Controller" and while the lappie has wireless connectivity it is not (i am told by my colleague) able to connect to the net using the cable at her home. does anyone have any idea what or where i could get the drivers for these? any help is greatly appreciated.

Scobius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Go Here
    http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-FS&m=1868
    Download the Network Card Drivers (the Ethernet adaptor) and the drivers for the Chipset.
    Put them on a USB key and then transfer them to the laptop.
    I'd be safe and download all the drivers just incase.
    The First Driver download has all the drivers in one file and its 50mb, scroll down the page to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

if by any chance you have the original disks that came with the laptop they should all be on there.manufacturers normally provide disks with drivers and original OS incase someone does decide to reformat.

otherwise the best option would probably be just to e-mail Sony's tech support.they should be able to get them for you!!!

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

cheers for the help guys
    I hadn't installed the network driver correctly.
    still haven't resolved the "mass storage controller" but think that maybe reinstalling the full driver package might solve

cheers again for the help:D

Advertisement