Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop PC's advertised by Tesco yesterday

Options
  • 25-10-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Tesco offering desktop PCs - advertised with yesterday's Indo

Pentium Dual Core 2160
    Vista Premium
    2 gig RAM
    250 gig hard drive
    20" widescreen TFT
    etc..etc.. for €499 !!!

&

Pentium Dual Core 2140
    Vista Premium
    1 gig RAM
    160 gig hard drive
    15.4" widescreen TFT
    etc..etc.. for €699 !!!

Are they obliged to supply the product at the price they advertised or is it one for Joe Duffy :) ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

This should be in consumer issues or Bargain Alerts but no, they are not obliged to sell it to you at the advertised price. However they can be fined for providing misleading information if they don't. (Only if you complain of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

How come the first pc, which is of better specs is cheaper then the one with worse specs ?

Are the tesco people on meth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

For €499 thats a bargain. Well spotted.

Are this on the shelf at the moment in tescos for that price?
    I cant seem to find them on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

Anti wrote: »
    How come the first pc, which is of better specs is cheaper then the one with worse specs ?

I'd imagine the second one is a laptop!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The laptop is just average but the desktop is pretty good considering the 20" screen. What make is it? If it's Iqon I'd just avoid it, regardless of how good it seems. Crap quality (up until very recently, unless they've changed) and most definitely some of the worst support this side of the planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

HavoK wrote: »
    The laptop is just average but the desktop is pretty good considering the 20" screen. What make is it? If it's Iqon I'd just avoid it, regardless of how good it seems. Crap quality (up until very recently, unless they've changed) and most definitely some of the worst support this side of the planet.

Agreed and it probably is Iqon, although my local Tesco has been selling Acer laptops aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Anti wrote: »

Spotted that in the paper yesterday - the 2 desktops on sale had extually the same specs, one was 200 cheaper

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

First one - good find.
    Second one - Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I just checked the Iqon Website & there's no mention of the 2160 there at all.
    The highest model is the 2150

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

HavoK wrote: »

+1 , about 3 years ago my Iqon laptop literally fell apart over the course of a 3 month period. this was after 2 years but still in all my working with puters i've yet to see a laptop disintegrate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Was in Clearwater last weekend. They had two desktops: one at €499 with 17" TFT, higher spec with 20" widescreen at €699. Both dual core. Be surprised to see much change in those prices though. Might have a look later.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

esel wrote: »
    Was in Clearwater last weekend. They had two desktops: one at €499 with 17" TFT, higher spec with 20" widescreen at €699. Both dual core. Be surprised to see much change in those prices though. Might have a look later.

I don't suppose theres an opportunity to get that desktop without the screen (if not through tesco's, then somewhere else?).

Advertisement