Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long shot

Options
  • 24-10-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im an adopted person and was just reading through some of the threads.I was born on the 4 of April 1979 in Dublin and was in a home on the Navan road.If anyone has any information tht could help me trace my birth mother could they let me know.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭martinf

Hi Jenny,

Have you any information at the moment regarding your birthmother and your details at birth. Usually the first step is to contact the agency you were adopted through to get your non identifying information. If the agency has closed their files will have been transferred somewhere else. Perhaps the quickest way to find out where the files are if the agency has closed is the Adoption Board. There are also a number of tracing guides out there one of which is by the Adoption Support Network of Ireland (ASNI). If you look on www.adoption.ie there is a tracing section which contains a link to a downloadable tracing handbook. This takes you up to actually getting your original birth certificate. There is a part 2 coming which will take you beyond that to actually tracing and possibly meeting. As the website is new sometimes the page doesn't load properly the first time (at least on my computer) so refresh the page and it should be OK.

The ASNI also have started to hold support meetings for those who have been affected by adoption (one was held in Carlow and Lucan earlier this month). There will be a further one held in Carlow on Nov 8th and one in Lucan hopefully the following week (we're waiting on confirmation of the venue).

Finally I'm sure there are many people out there who will be happy to help with advice and encouragement on this thread and on various yahoo lists so just ask.

I hope your search is sucessful.

Best wishes

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

Hi Jenny,

Have you tried the following:

a) www.adoptionireland.com - and register on their on-line register, they also provide advice on how to trace and if you feel like joining their forum you will find lots of people who are looking on both sides and they can provide you with great support.

b) www.adoptionboard.ie/preferenceRegister/index.php - this is the national register that was set up.

Good luck.

MM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Jenny- of possible interest to you:

Photos of St.Louise's Adoption Society, St. Patrick's Home, Navan Road, D7here

Records for St. Louise's are held by:

Health Service Executive Northern Area
    Child Care Services,
    Park House,
    North Circular Road ,
    Dublin 7.
    01 - 8387122

Quite a few of the adoptions from Navan road would have been organised through Marlborough Street Church- it is a possible port of call for you.

Finally Jenny- if you haven't already done so- there is an excellent document giving information on how to trace your Birthmum here.

St. Louise's does pop up in discussions on the internet from time to time- here is an example.

Best wishes,

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 still looking

jenny 73 reply with details and i will try and help you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brencor

jenny73 wrote: »
    Im an adopted person and was just reading through some of the threads.I was born on the 4 of April 1979 in Dublin and was in a home on the Navan road.If anyone has any information tht could help me trace my birth mother could they let me know.
    thanks
    Hi i was born there too on june 25 1979 so we probably were there together. I was sent to st Claires Stamullen @ 5 months adopted @ 11 months! My natural mother is dead:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 brencor

jenny73 wrote: »
    thanks
    Hi i was born there too on june 25 1979 so we probably were there together. I was sent to st Claires Stamullen @ 5 months adopted @ 11 months! My natural mother is dead:(

Advertisement