Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vostro or Inspiron?

Options
  • 24-10-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

I am seriously considering getting a Dell Vostro but my only gripe (apart from the fact that I can't get a 200GB hard drive) is that it looks extremely plain and it reminds me the old Latitude C610 that I used to have. Anyway I checked out a few photos online and I saw this notebook with a silver band around it but I was wondering if it is a Vostro or a Inspiron?

dell_vostro.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

thats an inspiron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And it looks practically the same as my Vostros apart from said silver band. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭lovetwix

ha..that's surely a inspiron.... vostro looks boring but much cheaper than inspiron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is my Vostros. You don't see any resemblance?

17102007001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,383 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Are the vostros and inspirons the exact same design physically except that the vostro is only plain black whereas the inspiron is coloured-ey?

Go with the Vostro no matter what though, it's the same machine as inspiron just way cheaper... And I think the black looks cool...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭lovetwix

dulpit wrote: »
    Are the vostros and inspirons the exact same design physically except that the vostro is only plain black whereas the inspiron is coloured-ey?

Go with the Vostro no matter what though, it's the same machine as inspiron just way cheaper... And I think the black looks cool...

no.. like the structure of insprion 1710 is actually derived from xps m1710..it's very different from vostro..and that's why it's more expensive.

vostro is good enough tho..;)

Advertisement