Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] 2Gb XD and 2GB Micro SD card

Options
  • 24-10-2007 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Just wondering if their are any cheaper options other than 7Dayshop who I would have used previously.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try mx2.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

yeah i second that, i got a micro sd card last week from there, only took 4 days even with the postal strike on and all. there a bit cheaper too because you don't have that ridiculus €7 delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Also try our adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

there a bit cheaper too because you don't have that ridiculus €7 delivery charge.

It's worse than that, it's £7.95 or about €11.50 at todays rate, but I've used mx2 before and I was quite happy, they'll get alot more irish business now, the free shipping is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

red_fox wrote: »
    It's worse than that, it's £7.95 or about €11.50 at todays rate
    7dayshop's prices are usually cheaper though, and the same shipping charge covers all the items you buy.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

esel wrote: »
    7dayshop's prices are usually cheaper though, and the same shipping charge covers all the items you buy.

True, and once a memory key from them started to corrupt every file I put on it after only having it three months, once I contacted them I sent it back and had a replacement without quibble, and they would have refunded the postage too.

But since the increase in price unless you're buying a good bit they're no longer the best value, for two cards above

7dayshop: £17.99 2GB XD + £10.99 2GB Micro SD + £7.95 shipping = £36.93

MX2.co.uk: £18.99 2GB XD + £12.99 2GB Micro SD + free shipping = £31.98

That said if you were to get another few things, I'm a fan of their batteries for example, then 7dayshop would come out on top, but not in this case.

And didn't mymemory.co.uk have shipping of about £4? Have they changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

red_fox wrote: »
    MX2.co.uk: £18.99 2GB XD + £12.99 2GB Micro SD + free shipping = £31.98
    I ordered the 2GB MicroSD from MX2 last Thursday and it arrived Monday. Fast service, considering the postal situation. The £12.99 appears on my visa as €18.94... great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

As an aside, does anyone know why most places don't seem to stock the Type H xD cards any more? I thought these were faster than the Type M cards?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

£12.49 for a 2 GB micro sd on play.com. Do they deliver this to ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't think they will deliver that here unfortunately. :/

Advertisement