Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phone Wire Removal

Options
  • 24-10-2007 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Help.......We are doing a renovation on our home. Contacted Eircom on 23 August last to have the outside cable dropped for two to three hours to allow a crane on site to put in the second floor. Here we are 9 weeks later with no work to site as they need the floor in, to progress. Eircom are a joke no one takes responsibility this delay. All monies have been paid upfront for the removal yet no crew on site to temporary remove the cable. The joke is we could have removed the cable ourselves 9 weeks ago and they would have to come out to reinstate it! We have since been warned by Eircom not to touch the cable. Our house would have the roof on at this stage instead we are looking at not moving in by Christmas with this 9 week delay. Any constructive help out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is probably more suited to consumer issues forum. Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i realise this isn't helpful but i heard of a guy who is still waiting for a landline to be put into his house 13 months after he ordered it. All i can advise is call them over and over again and don't let them fob you off. Make sure to get a name of an agent and ask for that person each time

to get through to eircom quickly, call 1901 then say "agent" to the machine.

most importantly, never shout or get angry. Always be polite or you'll be put on the bottom of the to do pile. You just have to make it clear that they're not going to get rid of you until you do what they're asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I know what I would do and it would not be to pay eircom to remove the cable. I'd pay to have a new line installed after all accidents happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you were to think of doing that OP, which i could never condone, the cost of getting a new line installed is 121.93, although i doubt if that charge would apply since the line is already there and got......accidentally broken.

there's no way to prove you did it on purpose and i doubt they'd have you arrested for criminal damage anyway. And wouldn't you just be doing half their job for them since you want them to come out and temporarily break it? But it would of course be against the law and cannot be condoned

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Might it be a line past the house rather than to the house? Maybe the OP could clarify. (If it was the line to my house Idve taken a garden shears to it, but as youve said, I couldnt possibly encourage that kind of activity for anyone else.)

If its a line past your house, OP, I recommend phoning twice a day everyday, being doggedly persistent. It might be a fault crew who will do the job, if youre rural you could try to track down someone locally who knows a member of that repair staff, to see if you can speed things from the crew up, if you like. ...Not what you know, but who you know and all that. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You are not seriously saying that you let eircom hold you up for 9 weeks are you :eek: ??

Cut it now AND bill them for any delays you incurred beyond 2 weeks which is how long it should take !

Advertisement