Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you do?

Options
  • 24-10-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

if your are made undeniable ruler of the world tomorrow what laws would you invent / change to better the world or make it a safer place?

If it was up to me then the way I would combat crime is go a very unorthodox way about it. I would give every man and woman in the world a gun. I would do this because it is actually impossible to rid the world of firearms. they are easyish to make yourself. the reason I give everyone a gun is because it's the next best thing to having no guns atall. any potential thief is going to think twice about robbing your house if he knows that there is atleast one armed person in there.

another law I would bring in is to make it so if any person breaks into your place of residence that anything you do to them, bar mortally wounding them, is nice and legal. this is for two reasons: one it reinforces law A when it comes to burgularies. Two, I think it's completly stupid that if a burgular cuts himself on a knife in your house, it is possible for said burlular to sue you as opposed to going to gaol for breaking and entering. what a world we live in.

that's how The Bollox would improve the world, how would you go about doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The Bollox wrote: »
    I would give every man and woman in the world a gun.....how would you go about doing it?

I'd open up a franchise of gun / ammo shops.

I'd help the world, and make a fortune at the same time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Quote the Bollox - I would give every man and woman in the world a gun. I would do this because it is actually impossible to rid the world of firearms. they are easyish to make yourself. the reason I give everyone a gun is because it's the next best thing to having no guns atall. any potential thief is going to think twice about robbing your house if he knows that there is atleast one armed person in there.
    Do you know the world is full of mad people with guns ? ........and i dont mean trigger happy cops or gung -ho soldiers either ........

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I agree with the part where if someone breaks into your house you can do what you want with them. I think everyone who commits a crime such as robbery, murder, rape etc they should be sent to prison where they have to work hard doing jobs that improve the community and benefit people on the outside. Plus prison sentences would be harsh and enforced at all times.

I'd also give long prison sentences for carrying a knife or gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'd undo everything intruduced by The Bollox and whiskeyman and introduce mandatory minimum sentances for people who they can provide simplistic solutions to all the world's problems through vigilantism/mutilation/blaming foreigners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

I would give every man and woman in the world a gun.

another law I would bring in is to make it so if any person breaks into your place of residence that anything you do to them, bar mortally wounding them, is nice and legal

that's how The Bollox would improve the world, how would you go about doing it?

What are you supposed to do with the gun? Hit them over the head with it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

i would use the three strikes rule

first time - prison - just like now

second time - chemical castration ( we dont want your scumbag offspring either thanks )

third time - well lets just say theres plenty of people who could put those body parts to good use !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Revoke all firearms from anybody

impose longer prison sentences and prison rehab for everyone who was sentenced

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'd open up a franchise of gun / ammo shops.

I'd help the world, and make a fortune at the same time :D

Would you like a side of 9mm bullets with your McMAC 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'd sort out the sentencing problems and have a huge underwater prison built. It'd be completely no frills with just the basics needed to get by. It'd have 3 sections. The first is for those who genuinely want rehabilitation and will, hopefully, leave them fit for integration back into society. The second section would be for those who re-offend and show no desire to rehabilitate. They'd be forced to hand carve die for the extent of their stay. And the third section would be an arena where the toughest criminals fight to the death and where societies rich (which of course, from all the fiddling I've done, will be one of), will gamble on the outcome of each match!

I shall call this place Aquatraz, and it will be inescapable!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Celticfire wrote: »
    What are you supposed to do with the gun? Hit them over the head with it? :confused:

take guns out of the equation for the moment. in this day and age if an armed robber holds you and your family at knife / gun point and you manage to knock him out using a frying pan to the head, or something similar, it would more than likely be seen as too forcefull. this is the type of thing that makes the baby Jesus cry

take guns out of the equation for the moment. in this day and age if an armed robber holds you and your family at knife / gun point and you manage to knock him out using a frying pan to the head, or something similar, it would more than likely be seen as too forcefull. this is the type of thing that makes the baby Jesus cry
    But you wanted to give everyone guns, but not let them use them?

then knee capping is allowed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i would make a number of new national holidays, one in celebration of cakes, one in celebration of waffles and another in celebration of wafflecakes.

then i would nuke D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I would make Paris Hilton disappear.

Her and her lazy eye would never be seen again and uttering her name or - God forbid - playing her song would be punishable by five days in the slammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

law offenders would serve their time in solitary confinement aside from showers and community service ala chain gang style.

law offenders would also undergo medical sterilisation, law breaker? meet the ball breaker.

class A and B drugs would be legalised but 1 in 10 batches would be poisoned lethally, lets see if the junkie f**ks will take the risk.

Anyone driving a 4*4 jeep in dublin without any mud visible on the exterior of the car would be impounded and fined their first born*.

all illegal immigrants would be rounded up monthly and dumped off the coast of the UK in a small dingy.

bus drivers would be assigned the legal right, and obligation to shoot skangers and mp3 mobile phone idiots.

McDonalds, and all other fast food restaraunts employing pigeon english speaking staff would be burnt to the ground, staff inside or out.

thats all i can think of presently.

*also stuck in the dingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I would have the scientists begin working on the tube technology immediately!

then knee capping is allowed :D
    Well, that's a given :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

I'd get rid of the dole or make people work for the MY taxed up euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

On the 5th of the month after their 18th birthday, they go to a 3 week military school on how to shoot. They then get given a gun, and locked in a room for 3 hours.

Those that try to kill themselves with the blanks get their gun removed, and sent out with no guns.

Those that talk to themselves get their gun removed, and sent out with no gun.

Those that seem sane are given their gun, and then do a 5 week course on how to drive a car. If they fail, they do it until they pass, getting 75% less rations each time, to encourage them to pass. Once they pass, they get a 10 year old car, with a limiter that only goes a max of 50km/h for the first year. Removal of such device will be punished with being strapped to the back of a car without a limiter for 5 hours, while the driver races around Mondello Park.

You now have sane people with guns and cars, and people will cop on fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The absolute and total annihilation of the human race.

It's easily the only way to be sure that the world is a safer and better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

I would undo much of the PC stuff- seriously, why should we be treated badly, in Ireland, because we are Irish?

I would remove W. Bush

I would make having the ability to read, spell, do maths etc mandatory. I'm fed up of stupid kids.

I would introduce fat tax- you want to be huge, fine. Pay for it. More expensive clothes, larger portions cost more, you take up more then 1 seat on the bus/train/luas/dart/plane etc, you pay for the space you take up. This will reduce the cost of health care for self induced obesity related problems.

Tampons and condoms would lose their luxury tax. Ffs, its not like they are a luxury item

Cruelty to animals would result in a rapid prison sentence. Repeat offenders never get to leave jail. (Random shootings would also work, but violence begets violence)

That big food mountain etc we have? Yeah, it would go to Africa etc, where they have no food.

I'd end child slavery and jail for life all those guilty of endorsing/ enforcing it.

The way current prisons are run is stupid. I would remove most of the luxuries- you want television? Tough, you should have thought of that before you broke the law.

Driving tests to be taken every 5 years, to keep roads safe

I'd fix our roads

Population control- not sure how to work it, but its needed.

Drugs- hmmmm, well marijuanna I'd make legal. The class a's etc? Hmmm how can you stop it? You can't. Tighter border security to help minimise it

You want to live somewhere? Speak their language, its polite.

Prostitution- legalise it. Keep it safe, clean, and think of the tax......

That is all for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'd bring in a law that any woman has to sleep with me when asked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

MooseJam wrote: »

and i'd bring in a law that their slightly less good lookin (ok, ugly) friend has to sleep with me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

longshanks wrote: »
    and i'd bring in a law that their slightly less good lookin (ok, ugly) friend has to sleep with me

Classy guys.....;)

Isn't that a cult? I thought we were running a dictatorship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Classy guys.....;)

Isn't that a cult? I thought we were running a dictatorship?

cult/dictatorship call it what you will as long as I get all the ass ;)

cult/dictatorship call it what you will as long as I get all the ass ;)

here you go

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/4/46/Donkey.jpg

courtesy of Bollox international

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

I would introduce mandatory naked tuesdays for all women .... and maybe thursdays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

make everyone build a giant self sustaining pyramid spaceship emblazoned with statues of me on the balconies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

if your are made undeniable ruler of the world tomorrow what laws would you invent / change to better the world or make it a safer place?

If it was up to me then the way I would combat crime is go a very unorthodox way about it. I would give every man and woman in the world a gun. I would do this because it is actually impossible to rid the world of firearms. they are easyish to make yourself. the reason I give everyone a gun is because it's the next best thing to having no guns atall. any potential thief is going to think twice about robbing your house if he knows that there is atleast one armed person in there.

I'd do the same but prohibit the possession, production or use of bullets. So everyone could pose and act hard but no one would actually shoot someone else (which can be quite messy and often ruins your dinner).
    The Bollox wrote:
    another law I would bring in is to make it so if any person breaks into your place of residence that anything you do to them, bar mortally wounding them, is nice and legal. this is for two reasons: one it reinforces law A when it comes to burgularies. Two, I think it's completly stupid that if a burgular cuts himself on a knife in your house, it is possible for said burlular to sue you as opposed to going to gaol for breaking and entering. what a world we live in.

I'd also prohibit the Evening Herald school of Civil Litigation Law and I would amend freedom of speech so that a person can only express an opinion that they know something about. In my world, if someone wants to change the law, they first need to know what the law is.
    The Bollox wrote:

Is that why Nally was put in jail for using hardly any force at all in a completely necessary fashion? Oh wait...
    That big food mountain etc we have? Yeah, it would go to Africa etc, where they have no food.

1) We don't really have it anymore
    2) Africa has lots of food, it's just badly distributed (i.e. exported and given to the rich).
    3) Dumping European food on Africa would damage several African economies and destroy farms. So after the inital party you would leave people fat, hungry but without any food or money. Teach a man to fish etc etc.

Advertisement