Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund?

Options
  • 24-10-2007 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question i have regarding obtaining a refund from a kitchen company.

I am looking to obtain a full refund on a deposit i paid which was half the total cost of the kitchen and i'd like to know where i stand before requesting the refund.

To cut a long story short, the reason i am looking for the refund is that the company have been messing myself and my partner around over the delivery and fitting of the kitchen.

They gave us a lead time of 6 weeks, we are now approaching ten weeks and i am sick of dealing with them and their failed promises.

Am i entitled to a full refund?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

CFM wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question i have regarding obtaining a refund from a kitchen company.

I am looking to obtain a full refund on a deposit i paid which was half the total cost of the kitchen and i'd like to know where i stand before requesting the refund.

To cut a long story short, the reason i am looking for the refund is that the company have been messing myself and my partner around over the delivery and fitting of the kitchen.

They gave us a lead time of 6 weeks, we are now approaching ten weeks and i am sick of dealing with them and their failed promises.

Am i entitled to a full refund?

Any help much appreciated.
    Check the T&Cs on your receipt for your deposit, see if a date was specified there. If so, Id imagine they are not fulfilling their part and you are entitled. Tho, chances are if theyre messing you about with the kitchen, theyll mess you even more over a refund. But if you get tough with them, you might find that your elusive kitchen will appear. (They might get their finger out if they think theyll loose the whole sale.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CFM

KtK wrote: »
    Check the T&Cs on your receipt for your deposit, see if a date was specified there. If so, Id imagine they are not fulfilling their part and you are entitled. Tho, chances are if theyre messing you about with the kitchen, theyll mess you even more over a refund. But if you get tough with them, you might find that your elusive kitchen will appear. (They might get their finger out if they think theyll loose the whole sale.)

Thanks.

I have an e-mail from them saying it's usually done in 4-6 weeks.

Yer man says a refund cant be given once an order is placed on the system but that sounds like rubbish to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

agree with the previous poster. I've generally found in the past that companies messing you around with failed deliveries will magically manage to complete what they were meant to once there's a mention of refunds and threat of solicitors. Friend of mine ended up getting her entire house carpeted for the cost of the deposit in a similar situation. mind you, she had to live on concrete floors for 4 months so not necessarily a bargain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

DamoKen wrote: »
    agree with the previous poster. I've generally found in the past that companies messing you around with failed deliveries will magically manage to complete what they were meant to once there's a mention of refunds and threat of solicitors. Friend of mine ended up getting her entire house carpeted for the cost of the deposit in a similar situation. mind you, she had to live on concrete floors for 4 months so not necessarily a bargain :(

Concrete floors are cool! Easier to clean.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

CFM wrote: »
    I have an e-mail from them saying it's usually done in 4-6 weeks.
    Recommendation for the future words such as "usually", "normally" or "standard" etc. coming from a sales person means "once up on a time the stars aligned and God smiled on us and we got it in this time". Ask them to write it down on paper with the words "Will be delivered by date X or full refund will be offered" and see how that date suddenly makes a drastic change for the worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement